Another new girl :)

• November 23, 2009 6:17 AM GMT
    Hello! I am Jennifer.

I am a 22 year old MtF transsexual that has been in transition for over a year. Life has been going very nicely for me since my transition, although I have been hitting some bumpy roads since I discovered that I am an addict. Even so, things are getting even better for me as I work through the steps in my recovery from my addiction. My transition and status as a transsexual used to be the biggest most important thing in my life. Now I feel like that is just a little different about me and nothing really special, since my recovery from my addiction has become the primary focus in my life. I pass just fine most of the time, and am still working on my voice, but my voice these days almost never gives me away unless I am very relaxed. My name is legally Jennifer, and I am completely full time female since last February, so almost a year now. Currently working full time to get myself out of debt so that I can start saving up for my SRS.

Lesse, what else... I was in the US Navy for almost 3 years, but became very depressed and ended up getting myself an Honorable / Medical discharge for having Gender Identity Disorder. I then started hormones at 21 years old, August 21st, 2008. I keep a transition timeline at my website http://www.thehoneykitten.com, just click on "Timeline." Can see a few interesting things there. I also have a blog at http://thehoneykitten.blogspot.com/, but that is mostly about my recovery from my addiction. I do sometimes talk about my gender or transition though. I am actually very grateful that I am transsexual, since I firmly believe that thanks to that I have been spared a considerable amount of pain. I would likely be about 10 times worse of an addict than I am, and generally would be a complete wreck. But thanks to the isolation that I went though thanks to being so uncomfortable in my body I did not have many friends, so I didn't get involved in drugs, and I wasn't able to engage in sexual activity (much) so I didn't get STDs (or pregnant, if I had been born as a cisgirl), and I didn't give a damn what I looked like so I didn't develop an eating disorder. I come from a family of addicts, and was extremely neglected as a child because my parents cared about their addictions more than me, so I couldn't have gotten away from ending up as an addict myself if I wanted to (oh wait, I do, oh well.) My being transe only adds another dimension of issues into the mix, but thankfully reduced the severity of my addictive issues considerably. Thank god for being a transsexual!!!

Anyway, I could go on talking about myself for forever (and I do, in my blog ) so I am going to go ahead and cut this short here. Hello everyone, I look forward to making new friends here!

Jennifer
    • 37 posts
    November 23, 2009 12:01 PM GMT
    Hi Jennifer!

Pleased to meet you
    • 157 posts
    November 24, 2009 2:49 AM GMT
    Welcome Jennifer

Sounds like you have sorted yourself out and are heading in the right directions. Good luck with both your journeys.

Jeri
    • 14 posts
    February 15, 2010 4:58 AM GMT
    Hi, Jennifer! Welcome from another new girl. I'm a cd who's rather new at this. Seeya around!
  • February 15, 2010 3:13 PM GMT
    Hi Jennifer,
    Welcome from me as well.
    • 2017 posts
    November 23, 2009 5:03 PM GMT
    Welcome to TW Jennifer, I envy you being 22 and on the road you want already, good for you. I hope you enjoy the site and I'm sure you'll soon be making new friends here.

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    February 15, 2010 3:06 PM GMT
    Hi Jennifer-

Welcome to Tranny Web, girl, it's nice to have you here. I think you'll find all sorts of help and support here many of us deal not only with our gender identity issues but with other issues as well. The paths we're on aren't often easy but we are here for another and certainly understand what it's like. Please feel free to join in on any of the forums or chats and if you have any questions just drop me or any of the other mods a line.

Hugs...Joni Mari