beliefs and opinionsI

• 72 posts
    December 11, 2009 11:04 AM GMT
    I will believe and do whatever i think is good for me rather than guided by others.But ofcourse if i need an advice i would definitely ask for it.Everyone in the world thinks and believe that what they think and do is correct.Everyone think that they are smarter and cleverer than the others.If people agree then friendship and a bond is formed if not then the fight ensues.
    • 157 posts
    December 11, 2009 11:54 AM GMT
    Miss Sudha

I believe that what I do is correct - for me. What you do is correct for you. We can’t write the story of our lives based on someone else’s outline. What I find is the tricky part is that we shouldn’t impose our outline on someone else either.

I don’t think that friendship develops from agreeing but from accepting. If everyone accepted each other there wouldn’t be anything to fight about. My wife doesn’t agree with me wearing panties but she accepts it as part of who I am and we don’t fight about

Jeri
    • 1912 posts
    December 11, 2009 2:16 PM GMT
    I'm sorry but I need to completely disagree and I don't mean that in a negative way. I would have to say I don't believe anyone believes they have all the answers, period. Relying on others is only human nature and a prime example is how you felt a strong government could help you. I believe most people recognize their limitations. I believe most people don't give a lot of stuff any thought until they are confronted with the situation. And when confronted with something new they may initially form their own ideas on how it should be handled but usually tend to compromise with others before making a final decision. Only through experience do we learn, whether through our own experiences or the experiences of others. Therefore, our beliefs and opinions are constantly evolving as we learn and interact with others.

I also totally disagree that friendship requires agreement. True friendship requires the respect of each others opinions no matter how different from our own. Like interests can initially bring us together, but full agreement is a rarity.

And one more thing, your statement on being smarter and more clever makes it sound like everyone is out to take advantage of others. That is ridiculous and if those are the kind of people you usually cross paths with, I feel really sorry for you.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 72 posts
    December 11, 2009 2:34 PM GMT
    Marsha first of all dont feel sorry.You commented on my strong government idea.I have already said that if the leader is strong and sincere then the subordinates ,even if they are corrupt have to enforce the laws properly and so protect us.Otherwise .to even lodge an fir is impossible.Perhaps you have not faced hardships and led a comfortable life so your idea is different.Secondly all the groups in the world whether they are political,social or even this trannyweb are based on the fact that people share a common bond and opinion.Those who dont agree with each other's ideas form different or separate groups leading to thousands of different groups and associations.Even you are continuously commenting on my opinions because your thoughts are different and whatever you are saying is correct according to you.You feel that what you think is correct therefore you are expressing your opinion.But i disagree with you because my opinion is completely differnt and very correct according to me.
    • 2627 posts
    December 11, 2009 11:44 AM GMT
    That is pretty much correct. But here we try to let others share thier opinions without judging the person as we share a common bond. We hopefully have a sisterhood. So evan though our opinions may be far apart we remain friends & will offer help when asked.
    So evan if some don't like your ideas or you don't like the answers, that's fine. We remain friends & that does include you Miss Suda. Keep an open mind & an open hart, it makes life much easier. So I hope you stay around there is much that can be learned.
    • 2463 posts
    December 11, 2009 5:11 PM GMT
    One of the reasons I have so many good friends is that we do NOT think we are smarter or more clever than each other. Each person brings to society what is unique to that person. If any of my friends held a superiority complex over me, I would not associate with that person. I do not believe I am better (or worse) than anyone. One of the reasons why I do not speak to this "friend" I lived with for a while after my separation is because he used every chance he could to belittle me. Even now I do not wish to speak with him because of the way he acts.

There may be some things my friends are better at than I am. For instance, Josie has better mechanical and scientific skills, Karen Brad knows computers better than I do, Lilienne has helped me to be a better person, etc. But not once did any of them try to make me feel inferior.

Maybe you should choose better friends.