True love

• 72 posts
    December 18, 2009 8:24 AM GMT
    It is difficult to find true love for ourselves.Most of the dating sites are basically flirting sites.As a woman so many men wants to talk with me but after revealing my true identity perhaps the situation may not be the same.I want to be loved for who i am and sincerely.Treated with respect as a lady.But everytime when a man approach me first i have to reveal my true identity which is embarrassing for me.However it is easier to date in tranny sites atleast people know whoi am.I deserve to be treated like a woman because that is what i am from inside and have chosen this path.we deserve to be treated equally like a lady.Now this has got to happen.
    • 1912 posts
    December 18, 2009 12:22 PM GMT
    You are very much right on this one Sudha. The "How" is the million dollar question many TG's ask. Michele Hart, who contributes to the Tranny Tribune monthly, had a great column on this topic back in the spring or early summer. As you have found it is hard to develop a real relationship right from the beginning, getting that first real date. Michelle Hart adds that even once you have the date, things will not likely last too long. Her take on it was that the guys are there because of curiosity, and once that curiosity is gone, so are they. So finding that special person is going to take time. I won't say impossible because I know other TG gals in loving relationships. I hope you find someone special to be in your life.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 871 posts
    December 18, 2009 7:30 PM GMT
    I think this is a very difficult problem to address, there are millions of people who dont have gender issues trying to find true love, so its going to be doubley difficult for us who have yet to find it.

I think its all down to increasing your chances of meeting the right type of person for you.

i come to TW because it is not like all the other tranny sites, its like a breath of fresh air, and I have met some really good and hopefully life long friends too.

other tranny sites, with all due respect, serve a purpose, and that is to allow people to meet up for intermate fun, they are most likely to be one night stands and because both parties have something extra to play with. i doubt you would find true love here and once you have had the op very lonely too.

if you prefer a more hetrosexual environment, its very difficult to date on a straight site or expect straight guys to fancy you if you are in the wrong body of gender. personally, i havnt searched for intimate love for the last 3 years and i dont expect to for the next 3 years either, by then i hope to be post op and looking pretty much bedable lol. at that point i will then join the queue of millions trying to find true love!

so for now, i just stick with my friends.

thats my take on it!
    penny
    x

• 72 posts
    December 19, 2009 10:31 AM GMT
    first of all thanks for your concern-marsha and others.But i did not like the statement by Marsha that true love is the only correct thread written by me.Again it strengthens my comment on beliefs and opinions that all the people think that their idea is the best.In marsha'a opinion this is the only correct statement but i believe that all my statements are correct.Everyone in the world think that their opinion is correct and if somebody else say something that is against the concepts and opinions which are deep rooted in their mind they reject it.
    • 1912 posts
    December 19, 2009 12:48 PM GMT
    Thank you Karen for pointing that out because I reread what I wrote and was wondering where Sudha got that from. No where did I say the "only" thing she got right. I thought my comment was very polite and chalk this one up to cultural interpretation or something.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 871 posts
    December 20, 2009 4:33 AM GMT
    i resent that comment! i'm the epitome of demour, sophistication and her royal ladyship!

<cough>
  • December 20, 2009 11:21 AM GMT
    True love, ha, I never even got a mention, I am gutted. thats your present out the window,

Cass xxxxxxxxxx
    • 72 posts
    December 20, 2009 2:31 PM GMT
    Cassandra i did not understand your comment.Can you explain?
    • 2017 posts
    December 18, 2009 5:15 PM GMT
    Firstly, why shoud you feel embarassed about your identity, you have no reason to be. Be proud of who you are and if someone can't handle it, that's not your problem and it shows that it isn't someone you would be interested in anyway.

It is difficult for TG girls, as Marsha pointed out, most guys are there for the curiosity. They can even turn physically abusive after sex so it is a very delicate situation. The trick is sorting the good guys out from the others, and that isn't difficult. After as little as 2-3 minutes with a man you can easily tell what he wants out of this 'relationship'.

All you can do is persevere, (and be careful), there are good relationships to be found, but you might have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.

Nikki
    • 2627 posts
    December 19, 2009 11:32 AM GMT
    I've read & re-read Marsha's post. She never said that.
    • 1980 posts
    December 19, 2009 3:06 PM GMT
    Well, I was going to stay out of this one since I felt I had nothing meaningful to contribute as I'm very happily married (my wife assures me of this) and we celebrated our 24th anniversary just last month. I am blessed in having a loving, supportive and understanding spouse.

Being TG is difficult enough in and of itself, finding someone who will love us for who we are is so hard. Even for those who conform to their birth sex and gender role finding real love is a struggle, but I truly believe, despite my deeprooted cynicism, that there is someone out there for all of us. Honesty about who you are, respect for yourself and a positive attitude go a long way toward finding that person, whether you're TG or not.

As far as Marsha's post, Sudha, I have read all the posts in this thread as well as others (trying to catch up) and no where did I read anything that stated or even implied that Marsha felt her point of view was the only correct one, in fact you are the one who seems to constantly repeat that your point of view is totally correct. We understand that your take on things is correct for you and how you feel about particular circumstances, more less a given of the human condition, though most people are able to at least temporarily entertain and consider someone else's take on things.

As I pointed out previously, we are here to help and support one another, not to start arguments or pick fights or try to antagonize one another for no particular reason. Sudha, I suggest a bit less antagonism and willingness to take offense and instead more openness to other's viewpoints, especially when no offense was meant.

Hugs...Joni Mari
  • December 19, 2009 4:04 PM GMT
    Miss Sudah.

Im with Joni on this one, you start threads, in the vein of what do you think, ask questions, when somone does not agree with you or has an original thought of their own, you seem to take offence, you seem to think everyone is out of step except yourself.
    I seem to remember you joining this site as a nieve if somwhat determined wannabe, seeking advice, comments and help. I resented your comments about there are no ladies here, perhaps I am not everyones perception of the ipitomy of demure and sophistication. but I value other peoples take on life and give their comment due consideration.

Cristine
    • 2068 posts
    December 21, 2009 12:47 AM GMT
    Like HELL you are, penny!

lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 530 posts
    December 21, 2009 8:03 AM GMT
    @ miss sudha: I think you will find Cassandra's comment was not actually meant for you.

@ Penny Whatever-the hell-your-name-is-this-week: Your claims to sophistication would be more credible if your spelling was not so bad... Then again, maybe not even then, though you could claim a place on the royal pain throne! LOL
    • 1652 posts
    December 21, 2009 1:09 PM GMT
    I don't wish to "have a go" Sudha, but:
    "...it strengthens my comment on beliefs and opinions that all the people think that their idea is the best..."
    Followed immediately by:
    "...but i believe that all my statements are correct".
    You seem to be criticising others for doing exactly what you are doing. Believe what you want to, but try to avoid believing that you are always right about everything!
    People here are just stating their opinion, there is no need to be so confrontational when that opinion differs from yours.
    I suppose this post means I am not ladylike...
    I am a woman though.
    Love, Lucy
    xx