A quick hello

• 6 posts
    December 26, 2009 8:07 AM GMT
    Hi everyone! I am new here and just thought I would introduce myself to you all. I am a transsexual woman, and have just started the long process of making my transition. It has been very hard sp far, due primarily to major social anxiety.So far it has been quite a rollercoaster of a ride! I am afraid of actually doing this, but at the same time, I am so excited for this. For the first time in my life, I have the chance to live as the person I truly am on the inside.

I am happy to be here, and hopefully can find some moreal support as I go through this. I know this a long difficult; journey I have begun.

II look fprward to talkinh with more of you soon :-)
    • 1912 posts
    December 26, 2009 1:57 PM GMT
    Welcome to TW Neco. You definitely came to the right place to meet some wonderful supportive people. I'm guessing your major social anxiety is the fear of rejection that we all experience. As time goes on you will gain confidence and come to accept that fear of rejection as just that, a fear, although a baseless fear. Sure there are some in society that don't want anything to do with us, but you will find the vast majority either don't care or do accept us. In either case, you must first accept yourself. Those are easy words for anyone to say, however the reality of it is that it takes time and when you can ultimately feel at peace with yourself, only then will those words mean something. We are all different so don't run out and do something because you read it here, instead take your time to see if it really makes sense in your life. Learn from others but don't try to be that other person, be yourself.
    Best wishes,
    Marsha
    • 1912 posts
    December 26, 2009 3:39 PM GMT
    Joni, I was born and raised in Seattle. Lived there 30 years before moving to a warmer place where they have this big yellow thing in the sky called the Sun, lol. I do however miss the mountains, I loved snow skiing at Alpental, Steven's Pass and Mt. Baker until I severely tore my hamstring water skiing on the COLD water of Lake Washington. So now I jet ski on the WARM Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Georgia, lol.

I just want every newcomer to know you are not alone, that there are plenty like you scattered around the country and world for that matter.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 6 posts
    December 26, 2009 7:55 PM GMT
    Aww, thank you all for the warm welcome, it feels wonderful to know I have people I can turn to who understand what I am going through. I'd be happy to talk more with all of you!

It is a very comforting feeling to know I am not alone, and yes, even this early in my transition I can already feel my confidence building about myself and who I am.
    • 1980 posts
    December 26, 2009 2:40 PM GMT
    Hi Neco!

<big hug from another Seattle girl. Well, Federal Way, pretty close> Girl, you are so very welcome here, as Marsha said this is a great place to find advice, support, information and a shoulder to lean or cry on. Everyone here knows what it's like, the ups and downs, how difficult it can be to express ourselves no matter what our ultimate goal may be. You've found a home here.

May every good thing come your way this coming year, I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Drop me a PM sometime, if you'd like, I love making new friends.

Hugs...Joni Mari