corsetry

• January 17, 2010 8:08 PM GMT
    I've been experimenting with my corset for a couple days. The videos I've seen make it look so easy to lace up, but it's going to take a lot of practice. I wish one of you girls were here to help me because I need to be a contortionist to do this by myself.

The results for my figure are amazing - even my breasts have proudly come to life and I can display some real cleaveage. Feeling my breasts jiggle when I move was an unexpected thrill ...why haven't I tried this before!!! I also love how it affects my posture - both sitting and when I move. This will become very addictive for me and I may need a collection of styles and colors eventually - but I need to learn how to lace these things up so I can toss them on easily. I should probably get one custom fit - because this one may be a little short.

Grabbing the correct sequence of laces without getting them tangled by the loosened laces above is a problem - and of course doing everything behind your back is a real challenge. When I'm finished lacing, one pull lace always ends up much longer and I can see the back laces still aren't evenly tightened. It's going to take some work - but this is a great new hobby and I'll enjoy any advise you girls have to offer.

In order to practice putting it on, I have to take it off and I don't want to. For now I'm content to let it remain caressing my body even though the uneven strings and lace spacing look like a mess.

Is it OK to sleep in a corset?

What a thrill,
    Jennifer:
  • January 14, 2010 8:50 AM GMT
    Does anyone have experience with corsetry? I'm not asking about sizes, I have one that will fit. But how do you put them on by yourself - is it difficult? Are there long term benifits for the figure? Are they pleasureable to wear?
  • January 14, 2010 9:34 AM GMT
    http://www.corsetsandcrin[...]index=6
    Explains putting on a corset by yourself.
    I've got two corsets (one red,one black) and while they certainly do wonders for the figure. They look great under a tight fitting dress or skirt. I know people claim there are physical benefits from regular corset wearing (posture), but personally I think squeezing your internal organs together on a regular basis could be harmful.
  • January 14, 2010 9:50 PM GMT
    Thanks for the help. I have a size 30 Axfords underbust corset and I have a 34" waist, so this should fit and I'm anxious to give it a try. It seems more complicated than I'd imagined.

Mine doesn't have a lining, Is it necessary to wear an undergarment ?

I'll let you know how it goes...it's always fun to try new things.
  • January 14, 2010 11:12 PM GMT
    Melody, thanks so much, I love the pantyhose idea!

I just hate when my pantyhose begin to sag and that will surely hold them up nice and tight and the pantyhose won't bunch up around my waist like an undergarment might.

I can't wait to try lacing up tonight.
  • January 14, 2010 11:46 PM GMT
    Melody
    I will surely keep that in mind
  • January 15, 2010 4:15 AM GMT
    Corset and fishnets.

Who'd want to be a boy?
    • 21 posts
    January 15, 2010 7:38 AM GMT
    Once you lace up...there'll be no turning back! Corsets are wonderful to wear when the mood strikes you.
  • January 18, 2010 1:38 AM GMT
    I finally got it on properly and it keeps getting better as the material warms to conform with my body. I can even wear some old clothing that hasn't fit for awhile - especially happy to wear an old size 30 leather skirt again that I've had for ages. I could tighten the top and bottom more, but will wait as advised.

One problem:
    I notice the flesh under my arm pits is also pushed up - but not forward toward the breast. If the corset's sides extended higher along the sides of my rib cage up toward my arm pits - that flesh would be pushed forward and put to better use.

Is there a style of corset that pushes the side flesh forward? My style is undercut.

Thanks,
    Jennifer
    • 181 posts
    January 18, 2010 8:10 PM GMT
    I wear one only for the fact that I have a couple of degenerating discs in my lower spine . Even then , I don't wear one all of the time as I also have what ids known as a inverted rib cage . I'ts kind of a birth defect and it means that the wide part of the ribs are at the bottom rather than the top. Still, I wear one on occasion to help me look better. Folks that want one , well don't try having one on in extremely humid or hot weather . We have both here ! Ellen S.
    • 308 posts
    January 19, 2010 5:19 AM GMT
    Well ladies, if I may jump in on this interesting topic.

Jennifer, once that corset breaks in, you will be surprised how fast you will be able to get into one. As you have discovered, it really enhances that female illusion, and it helps make one walk properly.

I have always wore one, short and full length. One evening I was dressed in a full evening gown on the way to a fashion show, when I totaled my van, in a sort of head on collision at 60mph on the expressway here in Detroit. Now here is another reason for wearing one, it kept my back in a stable spot, I still ended up with 5 dics injured, but according to doctors, it would have been worse, without one.
    The events with the tow truck driver and State police are another story, humorous I might add.

Ellen, I now know what it is like to have back problems, and your right, a corset does help, with a lot of pills, I think you know what I mean.
    Take care.......Tammy
  • January 19, 2010 6:17 AM GMT
    Tammy, what a tale.

I need to hear more - you should start a new thread, or if you have - please provide a link. Or just tell us more right here!

Dressed in full evening gown on the way to a fashion show - the anticipation for a dream evening - and to have the night turn on you. I can't imagine what must have been racing through your mind. I'm glad you came out of it relatively safe and can look back with a laugh. Another victory for corsetry!

My new 30" waist + 39" hips alone open up a new world of possibilities. If I can get the upper side flesh pushed forward I'd have a proper hourglass 39/30/39 figure, but as it is some of that top 39 is drooping under my armpits.

Does your full length corset solve that problem? Surely somebody offers one with that in mind, if not, I suppose I could get a custom fit.

When I can finally pull these on easily in 5 minuites or less, I'll be wearing them daily. I'll even have my doppelganger wear it under loose fitting male attire.

Jennifer:
    • 21 posts
    January 19, 2010 8:24 AM GMT
    Jen...I find the easiest way to lace up quickly (and alone) is to loop the ends around a bed post. Then, tightening slowly by walking forwards, I help the process along by pulling tight the upper laces of the corset with my fingers and work my way down, all the while keeping a taught rein between me and the bed post. When I'm happy with the result I tie off and voila!
    Hope this makes sense.
    Selena xxx
  • January 21, 2010 12:46 PM GMT
    Well, I've been considering a corset for some time now, and this conversation has talked me into it. Good sources in the US, ladies?
    • 36 posts
    January 21, 2010 2:12 PM GMT
    great thread Jenn, you have me talked into one too

Emily, try here:
    http://glamourboutique.com/

Hope that helps
  • January 21, 2010 3:43 PM GMT
    I like the bed post idea. I don't have one, but I'll install a hook on the back of my bedroom door - I discovered a proper wiggle helps too. My corset works great in tight stretch jeans and low neck sweater (Get Back home Loretta ; )

Now I've got to get a complete Bunny outfit with tail, ears and cuffs to parade around at home occasionally and Haloween, but the ones I see on line look cheap. Aren't the real Bunny suits actually corsets themselves? Or are they just camisoles worn over corsets?

I've got to solve the side flesh problem though, so if anyone has ideas let me know.

For those joining the Corset fan club, make sure you size it correctly - the waist should be 4" less than your actual waist and check your length. Mine is an Axford Corset from good 'ol Jolly England - they provide quality and good service.

If you can, I recommend finding a local shop that will provide a custom fit - that's what I plan to do next. I can't believe I've had this thing laying around for years and never learned how to pull it on. I originally got frustrated trying and tossed it aside - so hang in there and develop some rythym: Wiggle and Pull.

Jennifer
    • 1017 posts
    January 14, 2010 1:17 PM GMT
    Hi Jennifer,

Corsets can be used to modify the figure, at least semi permanently, GGs sometimes "train" with a corset to achieve remarkably small waists, like 16" or 18". They wear the corset daily and gradually pull it tighter and tighter. This was fashionable back in the Victorian era. Today it's more fetish than fashion.

A company called Wasp Creations has info on "Tight Lacing" along with pictures. They make rather pricey corsets.

I rather doubt natal males could achieve the same results since GGs' internal organs can move within their bodies to accommodate pregnancy. Mine are pretty fixed in place but I do wear a corset to help create the illusion of a female shape.

Best,
    Melody

http://www.waspcreations.com/
    • 1017 posts
    January 14, 2010 10:19 PM GMT
    Hi Jennifer,

You don't have to wear a liner under the corset, but it will last a lot longer if you do.

When I get a new fabric corset (leather is a whole other subject), I give it a spray coating of Scotchguard to protect it from body oils and sweat.

The liner can be as simple as a pair of pantyhose that you can stretch up to your bra line, or, in a pinch, an athletic tank top trimmed to be a tube under the corset. I prefer a high waist shaper like Spanxx as it will also help with the dreaded VPL.

I've tried using a camisole under the corset but if you cinch it really tight it's pretty hard on the cami.

Good luck,
    Melody

• 1017 posts
    January 14, 2010 11:36 PM GMT
    Hi Jennifer,

One caution on the pantyhose thing: If you need to go to the Ladies' Room you'll have undo the corset. You'll probably want to cut a slit through the cotton gusset for convenience (I found this out the hard way...)

Best,
    Melody
    • 2573 posts
    January 17, 2010 7:39 AM GMT
    Jennifer,

Do NOT tighten your new corset all the way up at first. Do it gradually, increasing the tightness slowly. If you do not, you will pop the grommets or tear the fabric. It needs to stretch out like a pair of cotton blue jeans just washed and "shrunk".
    • 1017 posts
    January 17, 2010 8:17 PM GMT
    Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Good for you.

Is it OK to sleep in a corset? I dunno, never did it intentionally. Have drifted off while wearing one, woke up with a terrible backache.

Best,
    Melody
    • 1017 posts
    January 18, 2010 6:32 PM GMT
    Hi Jennifer,

Sorry, but I'm not going to be much help on this one. I wonder if an under wire push-up bra might help if you can move the fleshy parts forward. Just a guess, though.

Best,
    Melody
    • 1017 posts
    January 21, 2010 1:12 PM GMT
    Hi Emily,

Here is a site with links to several corset sellers:
    http://www.transgendersho[...]ets.htm

Also,
    http://glamourboutique.co[...]ory=203
    sell the same corset as Classic Curves for less, in addition to others.

Happy Shopping,
    Melody
    • 2573 posts
    January 24, 2010 2:33 PM GMT
    Jen,

You probably need a corset lacing device:

http://romantasyweb.com/M[...]Code=ca

"LACISSTANT (SELF-LACING DEVICE) $15.00.

Thank you for inquiring about or trying ROMANTASY Exquisite Corsetry’s newest creative device to assist you easily dress in and enjoy your new corset! Our Canadian client and customer, Rita, provided the genesis for the idea and design, and together, we hope you enjoy our useful and decorative corset accessory. It is particularly helpful if you customarily dress by yourself and in addition, experience any temporary or permanent range-of-motion difficulties while reaching around in back to tighten your corset laces, since it speeds up and facilitates the lacing process. Lacisstant makes a great corset accessory for yourself, or for a friend. "

"It was designed by a customer of ours who wanted both hands freed up behind his back in order to manipulate the lacing cords more easily. "

There are also poles designed to allow you to lace on your own. I do not have a current link on this computer, sorry.