UTILITY OF TRANNYWEB FORUM

• 72 posts
    January 17, 2010 3:27 PM GMT
    I must say that in the recent times there have been lot of fighting[cold war] between the members.There have been a lot of heated arguments in the threads.In my opinion we should forget and forgive each other.Let us support and help each other through the forums.There are already a lot of hardships that we have to face in the outside world.Teasing and harassment is very common.It is becoming difficult for me to buy all the necessary items like makeup kits hair remover etc as the shopkeepers are looking down upon me with suspicion.This forum should be utilized for our benefits and welfare.How can we get the same respect as men and women in the society.Even if we undergo a complete transformation including surgery when people around us will know this perhaps then we may have to face discrimination.Let us help each other sincerely like true and loving sisters through the posts.
    • 1912 posts
    January 18, 2010 6:10 PM GMT
    Some people call expressing differing opinions arguments and some call them debates. You bring up the idea of working together to make life better for all of us. My question for you is, will then who's way are we suppose to do it? Your way? Joni's? Mine? Melody's?

Without the ability to express differing opinions you will never see gains for our community. It is so easy to sit back and say can't we all get along and agree on something. You can do that in LaLa Land, but not in the real world. Some of us view issues based on how they effect our everyday lives and for others they carry different meanings. At TW we have an incredible mix of wonderful people with various opinions that should celebrated, not shut up.

The name calling and insulting is actually very rare in my opinion, and far too often gets blown out of proportion. Just my opinion.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1980 posts
    January 18, 2010 2:42 PM GMT
    A worthwhile sentiment, Miss Sudha, and one with which I certainly agree as I'm sure does everyone else, though I fail to see how occasional disagreements here on TW somehow prevents you personally from making purchases such as makeup and so on.

Nonetheless, we should all try to get along and help one another in our respective journeys, trying to find the common experiences that unite us rather than the differences among us.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 1017 posts
    January 18, 2010 6:16 PM GMT
    Hi Marsha,

I'll second that.

Best,
    Melody
    • 2358 posts
    January 18, 2010 6:51 PM GMT
    Hmm all agreeing, sounds a bit like sheep to me, one leads the other follow, I call it the lemming syndrome, Debate brings out the best of us, even if they are heated, debates, I had pre-concieved ideas, what life should be like, Ever heard somthing and then thought Ah! never thought about that, she/he has a point. What IF, somone is talkiing nonsense, giving wrong advice, even advice that could be dangerous, People do come here for advice and to learn, its good they can see all points of view even if they differ. Then a person can make up their own mind, choosing somthing thats right for them, but not right for somone else. or the opposite, deciding on balanced reasonging and debate somthing is not for them. I realy can't see what debates in TW have to do with buying makeup. Unless you are asking for tips and how to do it. I'm sure people that have never visited a tranny site have the same problems buying stuff. The most important thing about debates and opinions, is not to let it get personal. I disagtree with stuff written here quite often, but respect other peoples opinions and their right to express them, as long as they are not dangerous, or derogatory and hurtful.

Cristine.
    • 1017 posts
    January 18, 2010 7:03 PM GMT
    Hi Cristine,

I'd agree with you, but then I'd just be a lemming...

Best,
    Melody