Situations encountered while out

• 308 posts
    January 20, 2010 6:13 AM GMT
    Good idea Jennifer,
    In a post I wrote in the corset thread, Jennifer gave me a good idea about starting this thread.
    Now I know a lot of us ladies have some pretty amusing stories while out, I do for sure. This is the one, that I mentioned in the other thread.

One evening a very dear friend of mine and I were going downtown to a fashion show, light rain, warm nite. We were dressed to the 10's in a full evening gown, etc. Now that the mood is set.

We were going down I94 west, far left lane going actually 57mph, I know because just before this incident, I looked at the speedometer. Then a min-van came down an entrance ramp and spun out, lost control, then came across the express way facing the wrong direction, when we hit in a quasi head on collision, a pretty significant impact.
    After the air bags went off, and we slid down a concrete embankment to a stop, Robin look at me, and thought, oh no, my head down not moving, she asked "Tammy are you alright", I looked up and said "yes, just checking to see if I had all my parts". Then my next statement was, "gawd my hair is all messed up", go figure. Now the cute parts.

The state police showed up, and were very polite and treated us like the ladies we were, but were quite amused, and surprised that we walked away from this, my back injury showed up a few days later, which I was told, that the full corset I had on helped out. This is going very well so far, They asked where the other driver was, I told them, "well he ran off and was either drunk, illegal, wanted, stolen car, no lic." the police said or all the above. I will skip unnecessary detail now.

Then the first tow truck shows up, hooks up the min-van, comes over to Robin and I and begins to chat, ( wow people are chatty tonight) then gives us a compliment and tell us about his brother that is Transgendered but closeted, interesting.

Then the second tow truck shows up to tow my van, which was totaled. He was a big burly type of guy, gets my van hooked up, hummm think about that hooked up part. Any way he comes over to Robin and I and starts to chat, ( gawd chatty men tonight ) and finally says "you two look real good, if you got the time I got the money". Now, there is not to often I am a loss for words, but this one got me.

Not to be discouraged, we got a ride back to Robins house, to get her car, there were actually two shows to be at, the Fash Bash was history now, and not to spoil the whole evening, we went down to Greek Town, for the other event.
    BTW, I included a pic taken at Robins house (in a attached file), fixing my hair...yes, I am very fussy about my hair.

Any one else have something to share.......Tammy
    • 181 posts
    January 22, 2010 4:53 PM GMT
    Folks this story hit too close to home ! see, I was both a wrecker driver , wrecker body installer , and a tow truck owner for years . I knw all too well what being in this insane business is all about . I can only tell you it's not all just driving a car from one place to annother . You become one in a brother/ sisterhood of a special breed . I spent countless nights camped out on the seat of my wrecker waiting fo a pager to go off yet again because I was too dang tired to drive home after working 14hour days ! Ellen