Bodyshapers

• January 21, 2010 6:56 PM GMT
    Hi ladies.
    I need a little help. I need to do a bit of sliming down and I am looking at purchasing a bodyshaper. I would also like to achieve a bit more of a feminine shape at the same time. I am over 6' tall and am not sure if any come that will be long enough. Does anyone know if there are bodyshapers to fit a longer torso? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks... Samantha
  • January 21, 2010 10:12 PM GMT
    If you need to slim down, I could provide some nutritional information.
    I'll describe in greater detail if requested, but:

It would start with purging toxins from the body by drinking 120 oz of water each day (depending on body weight), eating mass quantities of fruit, massage salt baths for body and feet, stretching exercises and meditation (don't exercise much during a purge, but keep the blood circulating and metabolism steady).

It will probably take 4-7 days to clean out all the toxins - (your body will let you know when it's time) then you start building the body up by combining nutritious foods properly and increase the exercise. You can continue till you reach your goal, or you might like the results enough to continue the program.

If nothing else, eat a lot of fruit in the morning

Cleaning out the toxins will also improve skin tone and help remove any under-eye bags or circles. You'll look and feel your best and add years to your life.

If that's all too much hassle, check out the corsetry thread.

Good luck,
    Jennifer

• 181 posts
    January 22, 2010 4:23 PM GMT
    Whew.......... if it were me and yes I do wear a waist cincher for my bad back on occasion , I would go with that . The " All- N -One " ensambles , uh usually the straps will dig into you're shoulders as the crotch is constanly riding into you . I find that we Transwomen are too long in the rib area to wear such garments . Try a waist cincher for starters . Ellen
    • 1195 posts
    January 24, 2010 4:06 PM GMT
    Samantha
    I use a waist cincher to pull in my rib cage and give me a semblence of a waistline.
    I also have a Spanx cami - it really pulls in the sides and feels great. The only problem is tha getting it on and off is like a wrestling match - but it's worth it (in my humble opinion). I feel svelt.
    As for that formula for purging - yuk.
    You should be drinking about 100 oz. of water per day. I have a 16oz. glass - drink two first thing in the morning plus eat a piece of fruit. I (try to)drink two glasses at noon and two more before 8 PM. That keeps my body hydrated and my system regular. Does it help me lose weight? Not by itself. I also teach water aerobics five days a week - my wife says I'm getting "buff." I'm not sure what she means about buff but I feel good for an old bird
    The reason for not drinking water after 8 PM is if you do you'll be woken up with a screeming bladder during the night.
    hugs
    Gracie
  • January 24, 2010 10:30 PM GMT
    Hi Samantha,

I use both a waist cincher to help establish the hourglass waist and a body shaper to smooth things out.
    To echo Mary Grace, I'm also trying to lose weight to make it easier to create that desired hourglass figure.
    Not sure how successful I am at it, but many TG girls have commented on the outfits and my overall look.

You do raise a point... are there any long term side-effects of wearing tight fitting foundation garments?

I hope not!

Plan on updating my picture w new one when I reach my new goal weight.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
    • 2358 posts
    January 21, 2010 9:17 PM GMT
    Hiya Samantha,

The ideal garment would be a waist cincher, irregardless off how tall or short you are. Then you can wear a seperate bra and forms.

Then there are also Basques and corsets, corselets, for the taller woman. Or just firrn control all in one body shapers, with long sleeves, short sleeves,strapless, halter neck, polo neck, cewe neck, cowl neck you name it its about, but if you want a realy pulled in waist, I would recommend the waist cincher

Cristine.
    • 2573 posts
    January 24, 2010 2:11 PM GMT
    Samantha,

Nothing beats a custom made corset. Not cheap ($300 approx) but it will do a better job, fit comfortably and look good. It is best to learn about them before getting one. The off-the-rack type are about $100 but will not be nearly as kind to your body. As with heels, quality is worth paying for because of comfort and not damaging the body.

http://www.staylace.com/

This site is one of the reliable ones.

On the west coast"

http://www.romantasy.com/[...]corset/

is an excellent source of corset information and covers T-girls needs. I know they travel on west coast for fittings but might hit the East US as well.