Being asked out....Your experience?

• January 24, 2010 11:43 PM GMT

Hi All,

Recently I was at a TG lunch, with some of my local support group friends, having a great time sharing events in our lives, when one of the sisters asked me out. I had never thought about what my reaction would be, and was quite surprised when I suddenly felt a wonderful rush. It took me by surprise and realized it was a very pleasant feeling.

I suddenly felt my heart beating fast , was slightly flustered and suspect I was blushing. The invite was very low-key and I plan on accepting the invitation. I hope it wasn't just because I had on a red tunic dress, black leggings and some stylish slingbacks.

Seriously - It really started me thinking - What is my (Michelle's) preference in a partner's gender? Is it different for "just dating", a casual or long term relationship?
    These are questions I had never thought I would be asking. I guess Michelle has reached a new milestone and will need to really consider what my partner gender preference really is.

Some questions (and request for advise) for my more experienced TW sisters who have been through this.

How were you asked out ? How did it make you feel? Did you accept? How did it turn out? Any Advise? Have you decided what you partner preference is?

It would be great to hear your thoughts. I now know what it feels like to be a little sister asking her big sisters for advice.

Hugz from a bemused and somewhat flustered little sister,

MichelleLynn

• 1195 posts
    January 25, 2010 6:56 PM GMT
    Michelle
    The person asking you out is "one of the sisters" that is a person who is presenting herself as female - right?
    I for one don't see a problem. If you prefer the company of women than you'd be a woman going to lunch or coffee or whatever with another woman.
    I've been out with other TG - no problem.
    hugs
    Gracie
  • January 28, 2010 2:41 PM GMT
    Hi All,
    Thanks for the advise.....

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn

PS- Accepted and will take precautions
    • 2573 posts
    January 25, 2010 9:27 AM GMT
    ADVICE:

Give yourself permission to make mistakes. You are a Gendernaut. " Where no man has gone before." Have fun and learn from it.
    • 2358 posts
    January 25, 2010 11:59 AM GMT
    Michelle Hiya xxXxx

Just do what you feel comfortable with, assume their are no expectations to go further, take one day at a time and live for the moment. That butterfly in the tummy moment. You have certainly come a long way. Just chill and enjoy, obviously this person thinks your an interesting and lovely person.

Love Cristine
    • 2463 posts
    January 25, 2010 4:53 PM GMT
    I guess my story somewhat fits in here. Josie joined this site and pursued me! Really! At first I wasn't aware she was a GG since her designation is listed as "Tranny Admirer." When I read her profile I realized my error. We conversed in the chatroom and over the phone, eventually meeting in person about two months later. Now, of course, y'all know the story from there.

It was certainly a rush and very flattering.

Mere
    • 2017 posts
    January 25, 2010 5:33 PM GMT
    Hi Michelle,

This has happened to me a few times but I'll answer in a way that covers the first time as it is probably more relevant to your questions, I must admit, when I first came out, the thoguht of being chatted up would make me cringe as I am not 'gay' in that as a male I never had a male to male relationship. So it was not appealing, until I got rid of my maleness and then something inside my head clicked and suddenly I found myself enjoying the company of men as well. I guess the woman in me took over in the end.

Anyway, on to your questions:

How were you asked out ? - This happened over drinks in a bar, no, not a TG bar, just a regular place where I happened to be with some friends. He didn't know I was TS at first, which was good, but then didn't care when I told him. Had he known I was TS I probably would have been more wary and thinking he was only after a TS experience.

How did it make you feel? - Very good! It's flattery after all isn't it? Although this was tempered with questions of 'why? What's he after etc?' But it always feels nice to be chatted up.

Did you accept? - Yes, and arranged a casual date so that neither of us was under any pressure and it would be easy to walk away from.

How did it turn out? - It was very good, we found we had a lot in common and got on really well. We saw each other again a few times but I'm not saying anything else about it here!

Any Advise? - If it makes you feel good, and judging from your original post, it did, then go for it! You only live once so live to the full. Even if you find it wasn't right for you, at least you would know why. However, be safe, tell someone where you are going, who with, get them to call or text you a few times to make sure everything is okay and don't place yourself in a vulnerable position, as a woman, you are able to call the shots and control the date so that you feel safe and not threatened.

Have you decided what you partner preference is? - I don't really have a preference. I prefer the company of women, and they are much nicer (and easier) to live with, but being intimate with a guy is just, well, different from being with a woman. Why choose? What's stopping you enjoying both?

If you want to know anything else, feel free to PM me.

Nikki