Gone too far?

• 157 posts
    February 1, 2010 1:59 AM GMT
    How far can you go without going fulltime? As a crossdresser with no intention of having SRS I still think about dressing fulltime. A close friend of mine says I do anyway, that what I wear isn’t any different than what she does, especially underneath. She asked me who did I think I was fooling – she was sure everyone knew anyway.

I am sure I get second or even third looks, even when in my most manly attire since I always have earrings in and carry a wallet (okay a purse). In the summer, I often shop in the mall wearing light makeup, eyebrows shaped, ladies shorts with shaved legs, Clarks ‘Sunbeat’ sandals, with a polo top, and pearl studs in my pierced ears – but I don’t consider that being ‘out’ since I wasn’t wearing a dress and heels.

So how far can a person go without tipping the scales from male to female? Have I already tipped?
  • February 1, 2010 2:39 AM GMT
    I never partially dress.
    It's all or nothing for me.
    I want to live full time, but I have to dress as a man
    part time, if that makes sense!
    • 434 posts
    February 1, 2010 3:36 AM GMT
    A handy thing to do is consider the percentage of time you are dressed in each gender and multiply each percentage by how you feel being dressed in that gender. That gives you a "gender X satisfaction" factor for you to work with.
    Then consider the two results closely.
    Doing so, is usually an "eye-opener"

Doanna
    • 157 posts
    February 3, 2010 11:30 PM GMT
    Thank you for taking time to respond.

I used to dress only when I had the opportunity to go all out. Those opportunities were isolated and never really long enough. When I had the opportunity, it took so long to get everything ready that I had very little time left to relax and enjoy the moment. So I figured if I did a little something everyday that in the long run I would get more emotional benefit than from the once in a blue moon schedule. Then I started adding a little more to what I was already doing and before I knew it I was a long way from where I started – and you know I like where I am now.

Hugs Jeri
    • 2 posts
    February 4, 2010 2:34 AM GMT
    hello jeri ,there is no too far go as far as you are comfotable I go enfemme at home but only undies when I go out.
    • 72 posts
    February 5, 2010 4:39 PM GMT
    I personally believe in doing whatever i wish.If i decide to go out completely feminine i will do that without caring about people's opinion a bit.I shape my eyebrows, tweeze my facial hair[Constantly reducing my beard],Reveal my waxed arms in t-shirt,with long hair in feminine style and go out like that.
    • 2627 posts
    February 1, 2010 11:57 AM GMT
    Jeri
    I'd say that less than 5% of the gg's I see are in a dress & heels.
    From what you said I'd say you were dressed as a woman.
    • 1017 posts
    February 1, 2010 2:59 PM GMT
    Hi Jeri,

When I go out it is usually in what I call Andro mode. Sweatshirt and jeans, women's flats or sneakers, a fashion watch, a bit of jewelry - usually a choker and a bracelet or two, never a dress and heels unless it's a special occasion where that would be appropriate. Don't carry a handbag, but I do have a nice bike messenger bag (big difference, right?) Have done this for so many years it just feels natural. I get the odd look sometimes, but not the sort that provokes the "I'm gonna kill that dude in a dress" response.

Gone too far? I don't think so.

Best,
    Melody