new chatroom rules

• 42 posts
    February 15, 2010 4:33 PM GMT
    I was in the general chat this morning, and it seems that if there is no moderator in, that the room will not operate, as all comment must be approved before they are posted in the chatroom.
    I found it a bit disconcerting, as, at least in my case, I often find myself there chatting when there is no moderator available, which would effectively make it a PM room only.
    while, I can appreciate the headaches involved in keeping TW a safe community, I think most of us, by the nature of our lives, are used to dealing with at the very least, a lack of general acceptance in society at large, as well as the potential danger we can face from a genuine predator, or hater of any degree. and I think one has to have a bit of a thick skin regarding posts in an internet chatroom. "sticks and stones" and all that.
    the orginal dynamic, as I understood it, which seemed to work quite well, was to copy/paste any questionable content and send it to the forum mods at large, and let them decide what action, if any, was needed.
    I think one of the greatest things about TW is the free flow of thoughts from this very diverse and special community, and I'd be saddened by that loss.
    • 746 posts
    February 15, 2010 4:41 PM GMT
    Toni...you beat me to it...three of us TW friends met in Yahoo and decided to take it to TW on Sat night...no mods around...no chat..not even PM room was open to us!

Cannot think of ONE good reason why this is so and I am EXTREMELY disappointed....disappointed to the extent that I will no longer be a paying member...chat is what got me started in here and led me to all the valuable resources available, not to mention the opportunity to talk real time with others...

Unless you have have dedicated 24x7 mods on hand, and they are as rare as a snowfall in Florida, this idea is doomed and will lead to mass migration of girls from paying or even stopping by...just my thought...

In a nut shell, this idea SUX! Go ahead, delete it...

But, that said, there MUST Be something bigger, better, improved coming down the pike that Katie hasn't shared with us yet! I'm hoping...

A very disappointed member...

Traci

• 1912 posts
    February 15, 2010 4:56 PM GMT
    Toni and Traci, moderator mode unfortunately is a default mode when the server that hosts TW has a hiccup. It is unlikely that the chatroom was intentionally put in mod mode. Katie or Lilienne need to be contacted in essence to flip the switch to get the chatroom out of moderator mode, moderators do not have the ability to do it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

Katie can be contacted at [email protected]
    Lilienne can be contacted at [email protected]
    • 746 posts
    February 15, 2010 5:06 PM GMT
    (blushing) Once again, Traci (me) has inserted foot into the mouth...totally understand Marsha's explanation and feel stupid for lashing out so harshly...but it did happen to us on Sat night (date night) LOL and then today, so I thought that our Mod's expanation of "new rules" was gospel. To her defense, she was not informed of the sever glitches either...
    So, keep the dues, but get the server something to make it right please! (smile)
    I'm sorry for speaking out so harshly to anyone I may have rubbed the wrong way (Katie G.)
    HUmbly,
    Traci xxxx
    • 746 posts
    February 15, 2010 5:53 PM GMT
    Suggestion...delete the entire thread! (smile) But another suggestion would be for a 24x7 "hotline" to anyone who had ability to reopen chat whenver it happens again...like Saturday night and Monday AM...if only Katie and Lilienne can do it now, maybe empower many more with ability and have sort of notification alert to them when it freezes us out...
    Just a thought! (smile)
    • 42 posts
    February 15, 2010 7:17 PM GMT
    everything was back to normal within ten or fifteen minutes, and marsha explained the situation. I wouldn't have thought to start a thread, but there was an automatic post similar to the costume party/angie bowie announcement that read "posts will not appear in the room until approved by a moderator" or something to that effect. I assume it was just a function of the automatic reset.
    • 1912 posts
    February 15, 2010 7:31 PM GMT
    I am glad you girls brought it up because it does happen from time to time and it smooths things out when more understand what is going on.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 746 posts
    February 15, 2010 9:58 PM GMT
    (smile) Coincidently, it happened to me two of the last three times I logged into chat with Sunday w/Angie being the exception...instead of a stringer saying the "mod" needed to approve, maybe we set up default it to say "server hung up, out of order"...the way it is now makes it appear like there has been fighting and trouble in the room...and when the moderator this AM mentioned there were new rules (she hadn't been informed to the otherwise and only responded to our badgering), then we all agreed that it was insanity to do this, especially with Katie trying to get life memberships and spark up revenue...the business background in me flared up instantly and I was going to raise some "heck".

Anyhow, I still think we ought to delete this thread ASAP so as to not cause any confusion or kick over the bee hive on the way out the door...(smile)

And I'm sooooo happy to see things are as is, back to normal! Now if I could only understand Crissie and her version of "c*ckney"! LOL (luv ya crissie, you know I'm kidding you)

Traci xxx
    • 871 posts
    February 16, 2010 11:44 AM GMT
    Katie, can we have this thread up in flashing red lights for everytime when traci logs in? ta!
    • 746 posts
    February 16, 2010 4:54 PM GMT
    (smile)
    • 36 posts
    February 16, 2010 6:03 PM GMT
    Is there someone around here that may be able to fix the chatroom so we can chat??????

This has gone on for 4 days now, and I wouldn't mind being able to chat!!!

Sorry for the negative, but I am not the only one that feels this way.
    • 36 posts
    February 16, 2010 6:34 PM GMT
    Thanx for the fix Katie, but how long will it last:):):):)
    • 36 posts
    February 16, 2010 6:39 PM GMT
    we appreciate that Katie, thank you.
    • 2127 posts
    February 16, 2010 6:33 PM GMT
    Hi Carla, I've already apologised for the fact that this keeps happening. Usually it's just once every couple of months or so and then it only takes seconds to fix, once either me or Lilienne knows about it.

If it happens again, please drop me an email at [email protected]. If you put it in a forum post I might not see it till the following day.

Thanks, Katie x
    • 2127 posts
    February 16, 2010 6:38 PM GMT
    I don't know why this has suddenly started happening so often but I will investigate.

Hugs, Katie x