winter olympics

• February 27, 2010 4:55 AM GMT
    I've been watching the Winter Olympics and frankly I've found it mostly boring. So I've thought of a new event to spice the proceedings up a bit. It's called "Bobsleigh Ski Jump" (2&4 man/woman). I think it would make a truly spectacular event, much better than curling or sliding down a hill on a tea tray!
    • 105 posts
    February 27, 2010 9:19 AM GMT
    Janis:

If you can arrange for the landing zone to be where the compulsory figures for the ice-skating take place, I think you're onto something

The Winter Olympics equivalent of 'Catching the Javelin' and Heading the Shot Putt'...

Hugs,

Judith
  • February 28, 2010 10:38 PM GMT
    Sudden death overtime between USA and Canada for Hockey gold....RIGHT NOW LIVE...don't miss this one!!!! Go team USA...sorry Canada,I like you too.
  • February 28, 2010 10:55 PM GMT

Well done Canada. Sigh
    • 308 posts
    March 1, 2010 4:59 AM GMT
    Ditto Jennifer,
    I do love Canada, but OMG, will we ever hear the end of Sidney Crosby...oh well soon, they will be putting up totem poles celebrating his single handed victory. To bad he cannot ply goalie at the same time......LOL
    Tammy
  • March 1, 2010 6:02 AM GMT
    What a heartbreaker after that great 3rd period comeback in the final seconds. I thought the powers that be were smiling down on team USA, but wasn’t to be.

I was hoping for yet another sudden death overtime. Well played game on both sides. Oh well, try, try again in another 4 yrs. I enjoyed the Winter Olympics - they always look beautiful on tv.

Jennifer