Spring

• March 10, 2010 6:09 AM GMT
    Yesterday evening was so beautiful, I think Spring hath sprung in Scotland.
    • 1912 posts
    March 10, 2010 12:47 PM GMT
    It was a beautiful spring day in Savannah, GA also. It was a clear sunny day in the low 70's and I was able to just wear a sweater when I went out for the evening. About the same temperature expected today with a little rain coming in to help green things up.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
  • March 10, 2010 1:10 PM GMT
    It was awfully nice here in Michigan too
  • March 10, 2010 3:45 PM GMT
    Janis and others,

Well here in south eastern North Carolina coast the weather has been wonderfull the last couple days mid to uppper 60's f. It is nice to get out of the frumpy clothes for winter months. Now comes out the flowery tops and the capris and shorts and sun dresses. Now time to garden and work on that golden tan. To visit the beaches and experince the aromas of spring and summer. To wiggle your toes in the beach sands as the soft evening breeze blows across you. To sit near a pond and listen to the songs of the frogs.

Well that is a summer.

Hugs

• 105 posts
    March 10, 2010 7:30 PM GMT
    It's been a gloriously sunny, if occasionally chilly, day down here too. Lucy, I thought we did ourselves pretty well in the way of scenery here in the south-west, but I have to say I envy you that view - definitely a sight to gladden the heart, and send the spirits soaring
    Thank you for posting it - it's brightened my day.

Hugs,

Judith
  • March 10, 2010 8:27 PM GMT
    I think it has in New Hampshire. It has been in the 50's for a few days. Even though they said it would not last it has been nice. Bit I bet it snows again within a week.
    • 364 posts
    March 10, 2010 9:15 PM GMT
    Getting a bit chilly here. 20 degrees C today. Autumn is here and Winter not far away.
    • 105 posts
    March 10, 2010 10:02 PM GMT
    Lucy, where I live we're surrounded by hills on all sides, which I love at any time of year, whether there's still a dusting of snow in early Spring or bright greens and yellows when the fine weather finally arrives. However, it's hard to beat a panoramic vista like your garden view for sheer impact I remember when I was at University in Yorkshire, and a friend and I hiked out onto the moors. We climbed up a fairly steep incline, reached the top and there, in the late afternoon sunshine, mile upon mile of moorland stretched off, as far as the eye could see.

My friend thought for a second or two and said 'It's ****ing big, isn't it'. He went on to be a civil engineer rather than a poet, oddly enough.

As for Eddie, I love the way his mind can change direction and gear in an instant. I always expect to be delightfully surprised, over and over again, in his performances, and he's never disappointed so far. I'm sure you'll find the same, if the girly night works out

Hugs,

Judith
    • 1652 posts
    March 10, 2010 4:27 PM GMT
    It's a lovely sunny day here too, has been all week, but right up in the north of England it's still not exactly warm.
    Nice time of year though, full of optimism for the approaching summer...
    I'm wearing a dress today, fed up with dressing like I'm heading out on an Arctic expedition!

xx
    • 1652 posts
    March 10, 2010 9:00 PM GMT
    Thanks Judith, that’s the view out from my garden, I’m so lucky.
    Checked your profile to see where you live and noticed you’re an Eddie Izzard fan, one of the funniest stand-ups I’ve ever seen. Would love to have a, um, “girly night” with him!
    xx
    • 2017 posts
    March 11, 2010 2:31 PM GMT
    It's still snowing here, I enjoy it though so I don't mind at all. Spring is just around the corner though as it's only a couple of degrees below freezing these days. It always seems to happen almost overnight here so I'm sure in a few weeks the winter coats will have been put away.

Nikki