OMG! Marsha has a surgery date

• 1912 posts
    March 19, 2010 9:06 PM GMT
    I am ecstatic, I will be having my SRS surgery with Dr. Chettawut in Bangkok, Thailand on December 9, 2010. Unbelievable, what a journey. Lots to do still in preparation, I will need a passport, and uhmm.........money, lol, lots of it. Thanks again to all my friends here who have been with me along this journey giving me so much support.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 105 posts
    March 19, 2010 10:27 PM GMT
    Marsha:

Such wonderful news, I'm very happy for you - and amazed at how quickly it's all fallen into place, after only recently receiving your letter

A great way to welcome in the Spring!

Hugs,

Judith
    • 67 posts
    March 19, 2010 11:28 PM GMT
    I'm sooo happy for you Marsha

Take Care

Paula XX
    • 23 posts
    March 19, 2010 11:52 PM GMT
    Wow Marsha,
    I am so happy for you, although your journey has not always been smooth, it would seem that you are a real success story of the Trans-Gendered Community. I wish you all the best with your surgery and recovery.

Luv

x ACE x
    • 33 posts
    March 20, 2010 1:55 AM GMT
    Congratulations!!!! Guess you should study up on Buddhist etiquette LOL.

I was expecting to hear Trinadad, Co,...but Thailand has great weather that time of year. In addition,...although I gather that you're not into astrology, having your surgery right after the New Moon is auspicious for quick healing and new beginnings. The time of greatest complications for surgeries is often around Full Moons.

Anyway,...wishing you all the wishes you wish for. And afterwards,...drink alot fresh coconut water if you can.

Janelle
    • 1912 posts
    March 20, 2010 2:45 AM GMT
    Thank you everyone for the great comments and encouragement. Now and then I kind of pause and look back at where this all started. There were many times that this day looked like it would never come, and now here it is. Thanks so much.

Janelle, if the moon is right, then I will let you twist my arm to make me believe in astrology for a day or two, lol BTW, my step mother is Thai. As for Trinidad, CO, I have full respect for Dr. Marci Bowers and the high quality of her work. It is unfortunate that I have to go outside of our country for affordable quality SRS. I want the best that I can afford and Dr. Chettawut is one of the best in the world at a price I can live with. It is not Dr. Bowers fault the prices are what they are here in the U.S., that is just how it is.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • March 20, 2010 7:31 AM GMT
    Marsha,best of luck and congratulations!xxxx'n Big Hugs-Nina
    • 364 posts
    March 20, 2010 9:21 AM GMT
    Congratulations Marsha. I wish I was 20 years younger.
  • March 20, 2010 8:42 PM GMT
    All the best Marsha,
    I'm sure you'll keep us all updated with your progress.
    • 8 posts
    March 22, 2010 2:52 AM GMT
    Great news Marsha! I am jealous, excited and happy for you at the same time.
    • 1652 posts
    March 19, 2010 9:25 PM GMT
    Very best of luck to you, Marsha.
    SRS, best thing I ever did!
    xx
    • 2463 posts
    March 19, 2010 10:10 PM GMT
    While I could be extremely jealous, both me and Josie are very happy for you.

As for the funds, maybe the Gender Society could have something of a bake sale and raise funds to be put into a special account that could help those who will undergo SRS?

Mere
    • 734 posts
    March 19, 2010 11:51 PM GMT
    Now that's what I call an early Christmas present!
    So very happy for you hunni:)

Much love
    Rae xx
    • 2573 posts
    March 20, 2010 7:27 AM GMT
    Marsha,
    There is one thing that can truthfully said about MtF SRS.....it will never make a man of you.

I give you the same advice I give everyone going to Thailand....get measured by a good tailor/seamstress while you are there and buy lots of silk clothes....but seriously you can order things later even if your measurements change.

Ok, enough silliness. Marsha I am so happy for you. Send me an email when it's done and I'll make you famous on our news feed. It's always so thrilling when one of our sisters takes the final step in her journey and starts a new one. Best of luck, Sister.
    • 1980 posts
    March 20, 2010 2:52 PM GMT
    Good for you, Marsha, I wish you the very best.

Hugs...Joni Mari