What a magnificent human being...

• 871 posts
    March 21, 2010 6:04 AM GMT
    Hiya,

It struck me today how magnificent someone can be and how humble in their demeanour they are, well, that’s how the telly puts it over lol, anyway...

After watching his progress telly program I read today that Eddie Izzard is running 43 consecutive marathons for charity. How impressive is that?

Well done Eddie! I love ya! I don’t care what the others say!

Love
    Penny
    X
    • 105 posts
    March 21, 2010 8:40 AM GMT
    Hi, Penny,

In his 'day job', Eddie Izzard has been my favourite comedian since I first saw him perform at an AIDS charity benefit back in 1996. His recent venture into marathon running just confirms to me what a remarkable man he is. I find it very heartening to see such an astounding physical feat carried out by someone who, as far as athletic prowess is concerned, was just a 'man on the street', but who when fuelled by determination pushed his own limits so incredibly far. Impressive doesn't cover it

Hugs,

Judith
    • 1980 posts
    March 21, 2010 9:30 PM GMT
    I've admired him for ages. He seems like someone it'd be so fun to hoist a pint or two with.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2068 posts
    March 21, 2010 10:25 PM GMT

Couldn't agree more penny....It takes real determination & GUTS to do what Eddie Izzard has done.

GOOD ON THE GUY's what i say.

lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2017 posts
    March 22, 2010 4:11 PM GMT
    Well done Eddie for doing something like this, Sport aid I believe it is for and he isn't even a sportsman. He is a very big man for putting his heart into this however. Not so much for the physical fitness required, that's the easy part, the determination and emotional strength to undertake this is far more impressive. It reminds me of Ranulph Fiennes' 7 marathons in 7 continents in 7 days.

We're right with you Eddie!

Nikki