Why I love the new name

• April 7, 2010 11:09 AM BST
    I've just discovered that I can log on to "The Gender Society" at the local university where I'm doing a part-time course, whereas before old "Trannyweb" was resticted i.e. banned.
    "What's in a name?"
    Quite a lot it would seem.

P.S.
    I'm on a fortnights holiday and I've been fully dressed as from last Sunday, and I will be untill Sunday 18th April.
    I'm in girl heaven!
    • 5 posts
    April 8, 2010 9:04 AM BST
    Hi Janis,
    I just wanted to introduce myself. I totally agree that there is alot to the new name. I believe that Gender Society sounds very distinguished and seems to a bit more respectable in its appearance. Even though I have not had the opportunity or the courage, for that matter, to dress as a female in public or even stay dressed for any length of time, I definitely yearn to have that opportunity. Who knows, maybe I will build up the courage and be able to take the next step out in public.

P.S. I think you are a very pretty woman and from your photo, I would not think that anyone could mistake you for a male. I hope I can look as feminine as you one day.

Hugs from a fellow sister,
    Arianna
  • April 8, 2010 8:45 PM BST
    Hi Nikki,
    You're right. Knowing that I'm going to have to dress up as a "man"" at the end of my holiday is something I'm just trying to block out.
    I'm so looking forward to when I can live full time as myself. I can't wait. I would start now, and I mean this instant, if circumstances permitted. That's what I try and focus on.
    • 2573 posts
    April 7, 2010 8:40 PM BST
    Janis,
    I love those long stretches where I do not have to keep putting on my faux-personality but get to be myself. I find I really grow during those periods. Enjoy. Embrace.
    • 2017 posts
    April 8, 2010 4:47 PM BST
    I hope you enjoy yourself Janis, and I hope it isn't too difficult to put it all away again. That used to be the worst part for me.

Nikki
    • 2358 posts
    April 8, 2010 5:17 PM BST
    Hiya Nikki

Now its more where to put it all lol.

Cristine