Very Disappointed

• 9 posts
    April 14, 2010 2:20 AM BST
    For the past two weeks I have been looking forward to my wife going out of town this Thursday for two days. Tonight, when I got home she infomed me that it looks like her trip is off. I have not been able to dress as Vanessa for the past month and a half. I was so excited that I bought a new dress, and shoes to wear and enjoy. Not sure when her next trip is going to be. I have been so looking forward to these two days that I almost broke down and cried. What do you do when you have to go long periods of time between dressing as your femminie self
    • 434 posts
    April 14, 2010 3:28 AM BST
    Vanessa,
    I do not know your exact situation at home, but I think you need to take up a hobby that provides you some uninterrupted time alone ...with Vanessa.
    Hint...make sure you do not come home with Lipstick, Perfume, or long blond hair on your clothing.

Hugs
    • 9 posts
    April 14, 2010 3:45 PM BST
    Thanks for all the great replies and suggestions. None of my friends or relatives are aware of this hobby and none of them would understand therefore I have to do my dressing in secret. Honestly, joining and posting on this forum was a big step , but I needed to find some others who had the same hobby and would understand my need to dress. Since coming into work today I received some news that is giving me a glimmer of hope. I work in a small two person office and the other person in the office informed me they will be leaving just after lunch and won't be back.

I have my new outfit, shoes and some other of my female clothing in the car at work with me. I am hoping after the other person leaves I can grab my female clothes and slip into them for an hour or two and work in them. It won't be a full dress with makeup, jewellery etc, but at least I will be able to dress for a while today. I will definitely be keeping the office door locked so no one can just walk in on me. Now this might be taking a big chance but I just have to do something.
    • 9 posts
    April 14, 2010 8:17 PM BST
    Well feeling a little nervous and yet also excited. I am currently sitting at work in my new dress, shoes and wearing the the other female clothing I had in my car. Really I would feel better if I had my wig and makeup with me. Wow this feels great. Is this what is feels like to go out in public for the first time. Still don't think I go out in public yet for the fear of being caught, but I am going to have to try this again when I am sure no one will be coming by the office.
    • 434 posts
    April 15, 2010 4:03 AM BST
    Vanessa,
    When I referred to taking up a Hobby, I meant it as an excuse for you to be able to get away from the house, by yourself, and dress as you like.
    A nice cottage, or even a Motel somewhere - where you won't have to worry about anyone seeing you.
    As well, there are "resorts" that cater to just what you are looking for. They have complete makeover services, clothing boutiques, activities, B & B, dances, dating services, and "Weekend Specials".
    A place I have heard of in Toronto (Take a Walk on the Wildside) does that, and I am certain your can find something like that in your area. http://www.wildside.org/html/services.htm

hugs
  • April 15, 2010 9:17 AM BST
    Not being able to dress when you want must be soul destroying.
    I don't know where in Canada you live but surely there must be a support group near you somewhere where you could meet other girls and have outings etc.?
    Why don't you do a search?
  • April 15, 2010 4:31 PM BST
    It seems to me that the thrill of getting caught is adding to your excitement,or else why would you risk dressing at work if you are still totally in the closet.Be very careful!! IF you are not prepared for all the embarrassing questions or your wife's reaction to your secret,if you are found out!! It could end up being an emotional train wreck.I would suggest you find safer places to dress unless this is a cry for help and you want to force the issue of coming out of the closet.In all your excitement I just want you to consider the implications if you are caught dressed at work.
    • 1195 posts
    April 15, 2010 7:01 PM BST
    Vanessa
    There is an organization (group) in Toronto named "xpressions." You can find them at www.xpressions.org
    There info shows that while they were originally organized by cross-dressers they now welcome all transgendered persons.
    You might want to check them out.
    They could be a great help to you.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 308 posts
    April 19, 2010 5:50 AM BST
    Vanessa ,
    Mary Grace has a good thought.
    I used to belong to 'xpressions" quite a few years ago. They're a great group, even if you just read about what they are doing. One year they had a convention in which they combined it with IFGE, They're were girls from all over Canada and the U.S. Don't know if they still do this, but I had a great time in Toronto, but then I every time I go there I have a great time. A very unique city and very accepting. I see your not far from there, just going to Walk on the Wild Side would be an experience.
    Tammy
    http://www.ifge.org/

http://www.wildside.org/

http://www.xpressions.org/
    • 2463 posts
    April 14, 2010 3:09 AM BST
    Besides go crazy? Sneak in the occasion moment, even if it is for a half hour, and wait for the next time.
    • 2017 posts
    April 14, 2010 2:06 PM BST
    I'm guessing you aren't out to your wife Vanessa, otherwise you could still go ahead right?

Is there something you can do at all? Go for a drive or take yourself off to the next town to get out somewhere? Do you have a friend who does know about you and could you meet at there place for an evening?

Sorry, I'm just shooting in the dark here as I don't know your situation.

Nikki
    • 2463 posts
    April 14, 2010 11:39 PM BST
    Hobby? Funny, I never thought of any of this as a hobby. But I understand your point.
    • 2017 posts
    April 15, 2010 3:20 PM BST
    Vanessa, going public for the first time is incredibly exciting. Even after all these years, I still have fond memories of how I felt the first time. I'm glad you are feeling good about yourself at the office, but I'm sure everyone will agree when I say that when you go public it will be even better. You have that to look forward to.

Nikki