Bad dress day ?

• 9 posts
    May 20, 2010 2:35 AM BST
    well girls....... it has been a day !!!!!!

the question i want to pose to yall is have you ever had a bad day when you come home form work and nothing in you wordorbe seams to make you feel good and like everything is going to be just fine????

heres the back story for this question...

I got home form work today and did the normal thing... got out of male mode and went fem... but everything i try on and everything i did just did not turn out right. the make up was sub par for me and i tried everything on the closet and still felt like i dnt look right at all. ..... its kinda like a bad hair day but it was that way for everything i wore... and nothing seamed to feel right or even look right. .... any one have any imput on this?

Hugs
    Ash
    • 434 posts
    May 23, 2010 4:41 PM BST
    Ashley,
    They say that "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder". You are just having a "bad beholder day"
    We all have them - Ovarians have them too. - so you are still in good company
    The next time you have a "Good Beholder Day", and you know you will,...just smile and enjoy it that much more.

Doanna

----------------------------

"and my needs entwined like ribbons of light...and I came through the doorway...some where, in the night"
  • May 23, 2010 6:02 PM BST
    HI Ashley,
    We all have days like that and I suspect, so to genetic women as well. I make sure I put my credit cards out of reach and set aside just a small (and affordable) amount of cash
    to go shopping with. Sometimes it's just a top, or even some makeup, but nothing big so to speak.

The other option - Staying in with a nice movie, soft jammies and some chocolate icecream.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
    • 2017 posts
    May 20, 2010 3:46 PM BST
    We all have days like this Ashley. It is maddening how you can wear exactly the same outfit and look fab one day and awful the next. It's probably to do with our emotional state at the time or maybe a natural 'high' in our testosterone levels. I have no idea.!!!!!

Sometimes though, it can be a case of trying too hard. so take a step back. If I ever have a bad day like that I keep things simple with hair tied back, or in a plait, boot cut jeans and heels. Nothing flash, but nothing out of place either. It always seems to work.

Nikki

• 1017 posts
    May 22, 2010 11:37 PM BST
    Hi Ashley,

If nothing in your wardrobe fits your mood, it's obviously time to go shopping! Go out and get something that makes you feel beautiful!

A minor caveat, try to make your new purchase something that will work with your existing clothes and accessories when your mood changes...(it can be a real bummer if your new lilac dress won't go with any of your handbags or shoes or make-up, unless you are really rich.)

Best,
    Melody
    • 2573 posts
    June 16, 2010 1:35 AM BST
    Ashley,

I have one small word for you:

SHOPPING!