Hello everyone, I'm the new girl.

• 1 posts
    May 25, 2010 10:14 PM BST
    I'm a 55 year old pre-op M2F TS. I have just stumbled across this site in the past couple of days. I live in Pensacola, FL. (USA). I'm new and am still trying to learn to navigate the site. Within the last 2 months, I finally " came out " to my friends and family.I told them that I have been on hormones for about a month and that I had made the decision to change my gender. I have felt this way all my life and could no longer keep living in the wrong body. I am presently living as a man but that will change once the effects of the hormones make it easier to go full time. I now have no friends and none of my family supports my decision in any way. There were a lot of negative aspects in "coming out " , but I'm happier than I've ever been. Hopefully my families attitude will change in time. They eventually will have to accept what they cannot change.

I'm looking to make new friends and meet understanding people to help support me through my transition.

Hugs to all,
    Deborah
    • 67 posts
    May 25, 2010 11:31 PM BST
    Hi Deborah

I,m sorry to here that your freinds and family have rejected you.

I admire you so much, and i think you are so brave.

They will come around to the idea, i,m sure

If you can't be honest to yourself, who can you be honest to !!!!

Glad you and still happy, i like your style girl !!!!

You are in good company on this site.

Take Care

Paula XXX
    • 1912 posts
    May 26, 2010 2:30 AM BST
    It is nice to have you here Deborah. I live just north of you in Savannah, GA. Actually my first therapist was in Jacksonville, FL. I started transition somewhat like you, first I started hormones and for me it was 1 1/2 years later I began telling my family. Yeah it was somewhat obvious with breast development, but I was on a lower dose back then so it wasn't eye popping obvious. I've been on HRT for over five years now and have been living fulltime as Marsha for about a year and a half. I have feared losing it all; my family, friends, and customers for my business. For me those fears proved false, but I know for some they have been so real. The key to my success has been the support of friends from this site. We just can't do it alone and if you learn just one thing from this site, I hope you learn that you need the support of others. The reality is there will be up and down days. It is fun to be able to share those up days, and it is sure nice to have someone's shoulder to cry on for those down days. We are here for each other. I wish you the very best on your journey.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 434 posts
    May 26, 2010 5:17 AM BST
    Welcome Deborah,
    You seem to have your goal in sight and have taken the first steps...

"Prefers French Roast" in the morning

--------------------------

"and my needs entwined like ribbons of light...and I came through the doorway...some where... in the night"
  • May 28, 2010 12:31 PM BST
    Hi Deborah.
    Welcome from me as well sister.
    I'm sorry your family can't accept you as yourself.
    You've come to a good place with lots of other girls who are just like you.
    • 2068 posts
    May 25, 2010 11:14 PM BST

Hi Deborah & let me welcome you to our wee corner of the web...make yourself right at home. You say you have no friends, now let me tell you this hon.......you will make LOTS of new friends here i just know it.

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1652 posts
    May 25, 2010 11:36 PM BST
    Hi Deborah, and welcome.
    Coming out is the hardest part of transition; no-one expects their family to be thrilled about their decision. But things will get better; focus on the positive aspects, and once you start living full-time (don’t leave it too long), you will know that you made the right decision.
    Perhaps like you, I muddled through my former life trying to make do, but transitioning was the best thing I ever did, and I’m so much happier now.
    Best of luck, and I hope you find lots of friends here like I did.
    xx
    • 1980 posts
    May 26, 2010 3:11 AM BST
    Hi Deborah-

Welcome to the Gender Society family, girl. You are so welcome here, I'm very glad you found us. This is a great place to find help and support and make friends and also to realize you're not alone in your journey. You'll find others here who, although each of our stories are unique, have walked the same path you are on. Perhaps more than anything else it's that understanding that unites us and makes us a family, though like any family we occasionally have our disagreements, we're all here for one another when it gets down to it.

I'm sorry to hear that your family and friends are having difficulty with all of it, but it's hard for them, too, as I'm sure you must realize. We have had all our lives to deal with and finally come to grips with who we are, for them it often seems like a bolt out of the blue even if looking back they see that there were all sorts of clues and hints. Give them time, love them still even if they don't seem to reciprocate and hopefully they will come around as they see that you are the same person they knew and loved, just with a different aspect.

Please feel free to join in on any of the discussions or chats and of course if you have any questions, just let me or one of the other mods know and we'll be glad to help out. Once again, my dear, welcome home.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2463 posts
    May 26, 2010 3:43 AM BST
    Deborah, welcome and the best to you.

I just need to inform you that the new girls have to have the morning coffee made. I prefer French Vanilla or Hazelnut.

Mere
    • 2017 posts
    May 26, 2010 12:43 PM BST
    Hi Deborah, and welcome to TGS. I'm sorry to hear that your coming out was handled so negatively by those around you but it is lovely to read that you are 'happier than you have ever been.' It can be very tough, and I have no doubt that you will be able to find friends here who understand and sympathise with exactly what you are going through. You are never alone. in the meantime, if there is anything I can do to help you to settle in, please drop me a line.

Nikki