Vector™ Professional Electrolysis Machin

• June 20, 2010 11:13 PM BST
    I girls

Just wondering if anyone has used this system...... The cost is around $210.00 CDN so not that expensive. Found it on ebay and am considering buying as a hassle here to go to electro as often as i would wish and thinking about purchasing for the easier parts of my face to do. The really painful area i wil leave for the pros, but thinking that this will help reduce my overall cost.

Hugs brenda
    • 1912 posts
    June 20, 2010 11:32 PM BST
    I would love an answer to this also. The machines are available at numerous places including amazon.com in the U.S.for around $200. Laser worked like a champ for me on the dark hairs but I have some gray hairs remaining, so it would be nice if a gadget like this could help. I have read numerous reviews and they leave you a little confused because many don't like it simply because there is pain involved. Others sound as though they never read the instructions before using. And still others think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. So who do we believe?
    Hugs,
    Marsha
  • June 22, 2010 12:58 PM BST
    Well iguess nobody has any information so I'll buy one and give a report
    Hugs Brenda
  • June 22, 2010 3:27 PM BST
    Sorry Brenda I've no info on the " Vector" machine, but I've recently been reading about a new type of hair removal using sound waves, there used to be a system which used tweezers with a sonic vibration on individual hairs but this new system is supposed to be like IPL and can treat a large(ish) area with each "zap" I've been unable to find much info about this except it's supposed to be totally pain free, permanent and a lot cheaper than IPL or laser.
    Has any one else heard of this? I'm just curious but I'm sure there's plenty of girls on here would be interested if it's as good as it sounds!!!

Huggles

Becca
  • June 26, 2010 2:50 AM BST
    Hmm the sound thing that Rebecca mentions sounds very ice indeed! Anyone else heard of this?
    Brenda
    • 1652 posts
    June 23, 2010 12:21 AM BST
    I have one of these, I don’t think I can recommend it. Unlike similar products that use electric tweezers, this one runs off the mains, so it should have considerably more power than its battery-operated contemporaries. But I think the electric-tweezer method is basically flawed, no matter how much power you put through it. As you probably know, the tweezers deliver an electric current while gripping the hair, the conductive gel carries the current down the hair, but only as far as the skin; the gel cannot sufficiently get into the follicle to get the current there, so the follicle isn’t really targeted. Most of the gel will collect on the skin around the hair, when the current is applied the gel becomes caustic, burning the hair and any skin it’s in contact with, but not damaging the follicle.
    I gave this machine a jolly good try but saw no improvement. I did manage to damage my skin by doing too many hairs close together in one session (all that gel turning caustic really is not good for your skin). All the hair grew back, the skin took weeks to heal where I’d damaged it. Do be careful if you try one of these!
    I think there is a needle option available with the Vector but in this country a license is required to operate it. The point of the professional needle method (bad pun, sorry), is that the end of the needle gets just under the skin to precisely target the follicle, avoiding damage to the surrounding skin and indeed the need for the messy, fiddly, caustic gel. The quick burst of electricity kills the follicle. Unfortunately the tweezers method just doesn’t do this.
    Needles kill follicles, tweezers don’t, not even electric ones.
    xx
  • June 24, 2010 7:42 PM BST
    quick burst of electricity?
    5 seconds while the needle glows red hot and incinerates the follicle...and doing several close together results in a definite burn that takes a week to properly heal...but then the nice smooth patch feels great until other sleeping follicles push out their hair.