Losing weight to look good

• 15 posts
    June 25, 2010 10:54 AM BST
    About a year ago, I was very overweight. About six stone overweight. None of my ladies clothes fitted me so I bought a new set. But it was like wearing a tent, putting one of the new dresses on.

I like pencil skirt, calf length, and nice tops. But I couldn't wear them. So I went on a diet and have already lost FOUR stone.

Now I can fit into my old clothes, but still want to look good, so I am gonna lose that two stone.

Part of feeling like a woman is also wearing clothes that fit. Anyone else had weight issues?
  • June 25, 2010 12:31 PM BST
    Yes Steve I have battled with my weight all my adult life. I was fat until i was about 12 and then when I grew it spread my weight and I was about normal but still well built. But at 14 it began to creep up and at first I paid little attention to it because being bulky and sturdy hid my gender feelings form people and bullies were suddenly more cautious of me. But since I was 17 I have fought a losing battle against weight gain. I have lost significant weight on about 4 occasions over 20 years but the pain and utter exhaustion in maintaining the new weight becomes too much to endure after a while. These days I have come to terms with the fact that I will never be thin but I can be curvey and fairly healthy and happy.
    • 15 posts
    June 25, 2010 6:41 PM BST
    Thanks for the reply Alison. For the first two months of my diet, I battled 3 hours a day on the treadmill and only lost six pounds.

It was soul destroying at the time, but soon after the weight started coming off in big chunks.

Like I said, my clothes feel much better now.