The vagaries of youth

• July 16, 2010 10:17 PM BST
    If anyone had told me when I was 18 that at the age of (almost) 42 I would look almost exactly like my Mum I would have laughed at them.
    I spent my teenage years as a hardcore punk in leather minis, biker jacket, ripped fishnets, Doc Martins, and ever increasingly bizarre hair and make up.
    Did any of you girls go through any phases in your youth?
    Or perhaps your going through one just now!
  • July 17, 2010 11:14 AM BST
    Mmmmmm......I don't know about the " demure and ladylike, impeccably styled and elegantly presented." but I try my best!
    I stopped being a punk when I became a vegetarian. I gave all my leather skirts and stuff away and went completely in the other direction as a sort of 1980's hippy with very feminine dresses which lasted for about 18 months.
    Another phase.

• 252 posts
    July 17, 2010 5:05 PM BST
    In my youth? It's funny to think about it now, but I was kind of a hippie. My hair was twice as long as it is now and I had a huge, giant, gross beard. I was about as big as a house. I kind of looked like that ogre from Harry Potter. Can't remember his name. I wish I still had pics from that time....Oh who am I kidding? I'd burn the pics if I found any.

Zoey
    • 1017 posts
    July 16, 2010 10:46 PM BST
    Oh, Janis, tell me it's not true...

My image of you is so demure and ladylike, impeccably styled and elegantly presented.

Okay, I'm just kidding, we are all entitled to our pasts, even if we may now regret them (not that you should).

Best,
    Melody