just courious

• 36 posts
    August 13, 2010 6:37 PM BST
    has anyone from here ever met anyone from here in the states in person? I'm sure in England that some people have met or seen each other.

nathan
    • 1912 posts
    August 13, 2010 8:06 PM BST
    One of my best friends that unfortunately I don't get to talk to as much anymore came from here. I spent a week up in Wisconsin with her in October 2008. The first other TG I met was because of this site when a gal from Trannyweb, now GS, introduced me to a local gal. That friendship evolved into me meeting a few more TS gals. The UK is a more compact country that allows for many gals to get together with minimal travel. The U.S. has higher population centers scattered across the continent making it a little more complicated if you don't live in a big city.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
  • August 14, 2010 3:53 AM BST
    I haven't met any gurls from this site, but I have met several gurls from other sites I belong to. In fact I'm going to a drag show on Sunday with a married couple that lives in the next town over.
    • 252 posts
    August 14, 2010 3:30 PM BST
    I met several girls when I went to the Be All in Chicago back in 2006. Also, my best friend is trans.

Z
  • August 14, 2010 4:15 PM BST
    Hi Nathan,

Good luck with your journey,,,,,,, as far as meeting others, I am travelling to the UK this fall and hope to meet one or two. I will be in Vegas in late Sept and perhaps will meet others, either from this site or others. I am in Canada, Southern Ontario, an hour from Detroit and not many girls around here to meet, most are in larger cities or places simular to mine, in the middle of nowhere..........With Canada and the US so large compared to most countries, meeting is easier said than done....

Hugs Brenda
    • 746 posts
    August 14, 2010 4:40 PM BST
    yes...have met two from GS here in Va.
    • 746 posts
    August 15, 2010 7:50 PM BST
    A resounding YES!!!! I'm willing to travel within a day's drive! Someday I'd like to travel across the pong to meet some of the UK girls and to especially attempt to be able to translate crissie's "Crissese"...then I want to swear my lungs off at Penny and hug Gemma...and of course, steal Layla's BF, the infamous "Sheepboy"! Too many to mention....
    Traci
    • 1912 posts
    August 15, 2010 9:12 PM BST
    Then I will be expecting you tomorrow Traci. It only took me 8.5hrs to drive home to Savannah from Old Alexandria.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 746 posts
    August 16, 2010 1:59 PM BST
    Well Marsha, knock off 1.5 hours as Richmond is about 100 miles from there...so now it's just a 7 hour jaunt! Yes, I would love to come and see Savahnah!!! And you!!!

Traci
    • 1017 posts
    August 13, 2010 6:50 PM BST
    Hi Nathan,

I've met one TGS member in person. She's been to my house, we've been out to dinner and we went on a, rather rainy, hike with my dog.

A couple of other local girls have offered to get together, but schedules haven't meshed as yet.

Best,
    Melody
    • 1652 posts
    August 13, 2010 11:14 PM BST
    Yes Nathan, there have in the past been several official "Gender Society" girls nights out in The States (except we weren't called The Gender Society in those days.
    I've even met 2 American girls on this site who came over to England for a visit!
    xx
    • 2573 posts
    August 14, 2010 12:46 AM BST
    Nathan,

Last year I spent ten days in Virginia with a former member of this site. We have plans to do it again this year and then increase our visit frequency after I start work. I made a stab at meeting Merideth last year, as well, but she was not at work the day I went through Chicago. I'm hoping to meet a lot more next year.
    • 2627 posts
    August 15, 2010 4:42 AM BST
    I've met one in person. I've talke to a few on the phone & had video chats with others.
    • 2127 posts
    August 15, 2010 10:32 AM BST
    At one time, we used to have fairly regular nights out in various different parts of the world. I once went on a night out in Sydney, Australia and I've also met several of our American sisters who made the trip across the pond.

A few years back we also had a several TW nights out at The Hippo Club in Baltimore, Maryland. They were all really fun too.

Do you think we should resurrect our nights out?

Hugs, Katie x