Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Technical Support » Scanning prints to work in Photobucket

Scanning prints to work in Photobucket

Tags : None
  • I have a Photobucket account and I have Fotki too. Now , the problem I'm having is I need to learnhow to convert a "Tif " folder to a "Jpeg I think. The forums all recognize Jpeg or so it seems . When I scana print , it goes in as a Tif . Now when I take that print and do the ":IMG code , it shoes as a deleted picture . So, How do I go around this delemia ? Thanks to all ! Ellen
    Liberalism , a desease - E Shaver
      September 24, 2010 2:53 PM BST
  • Ellen
    One method would be to open your "Tif" file in some sort of editing programme such as "Paint" then re-name it as a "JPEG" file.
    If the file is small it will leave a grey area surrounding the image that you would have to crop off.
      September 24, 2010 5:01 PM BST
  • Hi Ellen,

Try going to CNET's software download area for free graphics conversion programs. There are several available and they do a good job of converting .tiff to .jpg.

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      September 24, 2010 5:27 PM BST
  • 2 2627
    As Janit says open it in paint. Left click file at top left, click save as, & save it as a jpeg file.
    Or reset your scanner settings to save as a jpeg.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      September 24, 2010 5:59 PM BST
  • Slightly off topic, I know, but you may be interested to hear that when our new site is launched, you will be able to link your Photobucket account to it and do some really clever things. Flickr too!

Hugs, Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      October 27, 2010 5:55 PM BST