Trinidad - The Documentary

• 114 posts
    October 12, 2010 7:29 PM BST
    I am just curious if anyone else has seen "Trinidad," which is a documentary about the town of Trinidad, Colorado and it's title as sex change capital of the world.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780481/

I had DVR'd it, and I finally sat down and watched it by myself last evening. I found it a very pleasant surprise. Yes, it is about three transgendered women living in Trinidad, including Dr. Marci who took over from Dr. Biber, but it is really not about "the cut." Rather, it really deals with these women and their lives and how they all interrelate to this unique community. You don't have to worry if you're not into seeing surgical details because the surgery stuff is very mild and NOT graphic. This is an interesting tale told in a loving manner - by the film commission in Austin, Texas.

I highly recommend this film.

One of the best things about it is that my wife has suggested we sit down and watch it together. Very cool.

• 114 posts
    October 12, 2010 8:07 PM BST
    I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum. I didn't see the Transgender Movie forum on my first scan of the forums; so, I posted it here.

Please feel free to move to the proper forum.

Thank you.
    • 114 posts
    October 12, 2010 10:14 PM BST
    I saw it on the Showtime-Showcase channel.

According to their web page, this is the upcoming schedule:

Ways to Watch
    Next AiringsAll Times ET/PT

WED  10/13  1:40 PM  SHO WOMEN
    THU  10/21  3:15 PM  SHO WOMEN
    SUN  10/31  125 PM  SHO WOMEN

http://www.sho.com/site/movies/movie.do?seriesid=0&seasonid=0&episodeid=134903

• October 13, 2010 2:29 AM BST
    This was a series showing the work of Dr Marcia Bowers and the lives of some of her patients that was shown on UK channel 4.
    I can't remember the exact dates.
    • 1017 posts
    October 12, 2010 8:38 PM BST
    Hi Jenette,

Thanks for the head's up about this film. I hadn't heard of it before and I'll watch for it.

Currently Netflix doesn't have it available, but you can save it to your queue for when It does become available.

Do you remember which cable channel you recorded it from?

Best,
    Melody
  • October 12, 2010 9:29 PM BST
    clips of it are on Youtube.