Stupid car!! *facepalm*

• 252 posts
    November 2, 2010 12:35 PM GMT
    Well, I thought this tranny just needed a new tranny, but it seems that my car needs more repairs than it cost to buy the thing, so I'm trashing the lemon. I don't have much money, so I'm getting a 1999 Chevy Lumina with 96,000 miles for 2K. I had an independent mechanic look at it and he says it's in excellent condition, so I guess I'm going to pull the trigger. I wish I could afford a bit better car, though. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Z
    • 1912 posts
    November 2, 2010 12:47 PM GMT
    I was kind of thinking that when you were describing the problem with your old car. At some point you just have to say "All I need is something to get me reliably from point A to point B." I don't know much about the car you purchased, but it sounds like a good price for a car under 100K miles on it. I hope this one works out well for you.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 51 posts
    November 3, 2010 8:18 AM GMT
    Cars are such a pain, I've longed for a new one for years but never been able to afford one. Over the last 10 years or so we have bought two cars, a total spend of about 300 british pounds, the one we have now we bought so we good get away on holiday 3 years ago and it's still going strong, we can even fit both the boys comfortably in the back ( C my eldest at 15 is nearly 6 foot tall, and M is chasing hard to be as tall). We've been really lucky wit our cheap cars, they may not look great but they get job done, hope yours does too Zoe.

Tara
  • November 4, 2010 10:57 AM GMT
    lots of youtubes about getting very nice cars for just a few hundred dollars by looking around.
    shame so many have gone to the crushers too.