Making contact after 10 years!!!

• 871 posts
    November 3, 2010 4:52 PM GMT
    I lost contact with some really good friends of many years about 10 years ago.

About a month ago, I received a letter stating I had been tracked down to make contact because they are getting married next year and they would like to invite me. I sent an email but no response, I guessed the email failed.

Contact was made today on facebook. Initially was chatty but I had to go because I am a human book here at the library so duty calls. I realise I am very nervous because it will be a huge blow if it ends up being a negative experience.

Looking for a bit of support really and maybe stories of similar and good experiences
    love
    Penny
    x
    • 171 posts
    November 3, 2010 8:47 PM GMT
    Penny, sorry I can't help with an answer but must ask a question, what's a human book? (sounds like a great fancy dress outfit)
    Rachel
    • 1912 posts
    November 3, 2010 9:21 PM GMT
    Hugs Penny, you will be just fine. Remember about two years ago, My bestfriend growing up in Seattle contacted me to let me know he was coming to my part of the country and how it would be nice if we could get together for dinner one of the nights he was here. Like you, it had been about 10 years since I saw him. I had to tell him, and surprisingly (in my mind), he was ok with it. I think this is another story that could easily fit in my thread about being consumed by fear. Best wishes always.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 110 posts
    November 4, 2010 8:55 AM GMT
    Sorry Penny,I can't help you either. But I wish you all the best.I'm sure you will be fine. Take care love lillth x