TRANS FEMALE ROCK BAND!

• November 7, 2010 5:06 AM GMT
    All you rock fans should check out my band "The Cruel Shoes" We are four trans women pumping out the rock and making the boys jeolous in the NYC area! If you're on face book you and your friends should all go "Like" us! :-)

Juliehttp://www.facebook.com/p[...]?v=wall

and/or check us out on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.COM and sign up for the mailing

[i MADE THE FIRST LINK HOT, DESPITE IT BEING SELF- ADVERTISING, WHICH IS NOT ALLOWED IN GS.COM FORUMS, BECAUSE IT SEEMED DO BE OF INTEREST TO THE MEMBERSHIP..............HOWEVER, THE SECOND LINK WAS NOT MADE HOT BECAUSE WOT HAS IT MARKED AS A SPAMVERTISED WEBSITE AND GAVE IT A "POOR" REPUTATION.]
    http://www.mywot.com/en/s[...]oes.com THE FACEBOOK LINK PASSED AS A SAFE LINK. YOU MAY HAVE, UNKNOWINGLY, GOT A SPAMMING ADVERTISER ON YOUR WEBSITE AND IT IS REFLECTING BADLY ON YOU. THIS HAPPENS.} FIX IT AND GET BACK TO ME. - Wendy Larsen (wendyl) via a "MESSAGE" BY CLICKING MY NAME AT TOP OF FORUM UNDER MODERATORS. good luck]
  • November 7, 2010 6:12 AM GMT
    I remember a film starring Jack Hawkins called "The cruel sea".
    I think most of the people involved wore shoes, except of course when they had to abandon ship, some took them took their shoes off! More fool them as I know from personal experience it's much easier to flap ones feet underwater whilst wearing shoes.

Anyway good luck with the band.

• 308 posts
    November 7, 2010 6:18 AM GMT
    Rock on Julie,
    Let me know if any of your travels take you to the Detroit area, I would love to see you ladies perform.
    Huggs..Tammy
    • 252 posts
    November 7, 2010 8:12 AM GMT
    The name comes from Steve Martin?

Z
  • November 7, 2010 8:21 AM GMT
    Of course they must play "High heeled sneakers"
    • 430 posts
    November 7, 2010 1:51 PM GMT
    There might well be a new movement in music. We've got the DreadCircus here in Australia.

Jade Starr http://www.dreadcircus.com/ She's pretty cute too!
  • November 7, 2010 4:29 PM GMT
    I don't know of any totally TG bands. Unless you count impersonation acts which would lead us back to that old chestnut "Are drag artists really TG?".
    I'm sure there must be lots of all T-girl bands somewhere out there.
    • 2127 posts
    November 7, 2010 10:45 AM GMT
    Interesting, there appear to be heaps of TG bands around just now. I've just done two interviews for December's Frock Magazine - one was with US rock band Mechanical Black and the other was with The Frantastics from the UK who are not exactly a rock band but who play something called 'Frockabilly'.

Maybe we should talk to The Cruel Shoes in our March issue.

Katie x
  • December 22, 2010 8:09 AM GMT
    Hey there. I'd be delighted to take part in that Frock thingie. Send any details to [email protected]

Also I am puzzled about there being a problem with my dot com. In 9 months of operation I have never heard a single complaint or issue arising from it. There are no ads. No sponsers... no spam of any kind. I'm not sure what the issue is. But... suffice it to say.. anyone can just go to our facebook and get all the info on us that they desire there!

<3
    Julie