Pantyhose

• November 23, 2010 3:56 AM GMT
    To me there is nothing more sexy than wearing a pair of sheer pantyhose, except maybe being in high heels too. Based on my height and weight, I'm supposed to fit into a size B pair of pantyhose, however, the kind I purchased (No Nonsense) seem difficult to pull up to reach my crotch. I hope my wording isn't to vulgar. Does anyone else seem to have this problem, or should the pantyhose be this snug a fit?
    • 374 posts
    November 23, 2010 10:55 AM GMT

Hi Amanda,

I've found that different brands can fit differently in the same sizes. Try several different brands and styles and stick to the ones that fit you the best. You can also try to stretch the pantyhose a bit before you put them on. I've heard of girls putting their pantyhose in their freezer first then stretching them...I've never tried that myself...maybe someone else has? The other thing hon is that pantyhose were designed for the female body so a lot of brands may not fit as well because of that.

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
  • December 7, 2010 3:22 AM GMT
    Thanks Marsha,

I actually have learned to put them on similarly as you've explained. I'm only 5'6," and have trouble pulling up No Nonsense brand, "Great Shapes" body shaping pantyhose all the way up. I do get them up, and they're tight as I'm sure they should be. Being extra tight fitting, I do pull them up in sections, alternating each leg. I agree with you about using hand lotion. My hands are rough, and little nylon fibers stick to my fingers. I always put on lotion before my pantyhose if I remember. Thank you Marsha for your tips.
  • December 7, 2010 3:27 AM GMT
    I've never worn pantyhose because they seem so ordinary to me, but instead I just love stockings. That's only my preference, of course; to each girl their own, naturally. Stockings are so easy and also so exhilarating to put on, just bunch each one at the toe and let the nylon flow between your fingers as you pull them up. I like the ones that require a garter belt, but I'm not very adept at attaching the garters to the fabric. Also there are so many choices of fabric and style, such as the delectable backseam kind. One day I would like to find some silk stockings, but until then nylon will do just fine.
    • 1912 posts
    December 7, 2010 12:40 AM GMT
    I am 5'11" and blessed with long legs, and I wear size B nylons with no problem. You don't put stockings on like pants expecting to give them that final tug up at the end. Instead pantyhose need to be worked up inch by inch starting at the toes and constantly keeping them tight as you work them up the leg. For pantyhose I find working them up in sections helps keep them even at the top. So I start with pulling them over the calf on one leg, then I do the other leg, next is working each over the knees, then the final way up. Another way to describe it is as you work your way up is to have the stocking gathered in your hand, releasing only a tiny bit at a time as you keep firm tension on it. Another useful tip is to use a skin lotion on your hands to smooth out roughness and prevent running your nylons.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 6 posts
    December 6, 2010 7:49 PM GMT
    Aye, I've had that same sort of problem, and I'm a pretty short ectomorph. It just ~still~ seems like they were designed for shorter legs than I have... although I personally can't stand the feel of nylons, and only wear cotton tights ;-)