When should I start

• 539 posts
    May 13, 2003 12:21 AM BST
    Phyliss is right - you need to see a professional. Take things slowly and carefully; you do not want to make a mistake. I have been rather slow and methodical, but at least now when I take a major step, I have a good degree of certainty. It is true that the hormones will have a better effect at your age, but if it takes you two or three more years to figure things out, you will not lose much. Instead, you will gain the comfort that you thought this over carefully and made the right decision.

Before starting hormones, it would be best if you get a chance to try living as a woman and going out en femme as much as you can. Those experiences will help you make your decision. Just be careful - there are people out there who don't like us very much.

Good luck.

Heather H.
  • May 12, 2003 4:53 AM BST
    As others may already know, I'm 16 and wondering when and how I can transition, and what the effects will be. Anyone else start this early?
  • May 12, 2003 1:19 PM BST
    FIRST,YOU SHOULD SEEK PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP TO BE SURE THAT YOU ARE TRULY T/G AND THAT IT'S NOT JUST A PHASE YOU'RE GOING THROUGH.IF YOU START YOUNG ENOUGH YOU MAY HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE AHEAD OF YOU,BUT, THE EFFECTS OF THE HORMONES ARE NOT REVERSABLE .IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND LATER YOU CAN'T GO BACK ALL THE WAY .YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A RESIDUAL WOMANHOOD TO DEAL WITH,AND IT COULD POSSIBLE MAKE YOU MISERABLE IN LATER YEARS..TRY THE WATERS IN THE AREA YOU LIVE IN BY GOING OUT "ENFEMME" AND JUST BE SURE OF WHO YOU ARE FIRST BEFORE MAKING ANY LIFE ALTERING DECISIONS....GOOD LUCK PHYLISS-MARIE