Coming out by Accident!

• March 14, 2003 2:06 PM GMT
    Hi barbara How are you doing, I would love to hear more of your story it sounds very lovely.
  • April 28, 2003 10:40 AM BST
    Yes Phyliss

And I´m afraid when it comes to a confrontation the police, the lawyer and the judge will listen to the "normal" side...not you.

hugs

Laura
  • March 14, 2003 9:53 AM GMT
    After 39 years in the closet, I came out yesterday totally by accident.
    My SO had gone to the gym for a couple of hours, giving me the opportunity to be Babs for a little while.
    I dressed in red 5" stiletto courts, black stockings, suspender belt, waist cincher, and bra, put on the full make up, the long blond wig, and finally the see thru pvc mac.
    Feeling totally relaxed, Babs went into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. Next door neighbour- a woman in her thirties who has just moved in came to the front door, couldn't get a reply (I didn't hear the bell) so came round the back. Kitchen window faces the back pathway, Babs is standing at window, Neighbour takes one look at the transformation, jaw drops, head shakes in a "I'm living next to a pervert" kind of way, turns on her heel and disappears from whence she came.
    I was mortified, feeling guilty, ashamed, just terrible. I contemplated a purge of the gear, and a confession to SO.
    This morning - what a change. I feel great,. I am ME. I don't care. I'm excited. I want to get dressed asap. I love dressing. Let the whole world know (Well..... not the Whole world)
    What do you think?
  • March 14, 2003 11:54 AM GMT
    Good story

How did your SO take it? Seemingly not very badly. If so, then it is a pity you didn´t come out before...
    But congratulations anyway. Every coming out is a small rebirth.

hugs

Laura
    • 136 posts
    April 11, 2003 6:29 AM BST
    Reminds me a little of how my stepsons found out about "Knikol". I had gone out earlier that evening for a few drinks, and a little dancing. No one was home when I was preparing to go out, so I was fully dressed when I left. When I arrived home, there were no lights on in the house, so I thought that I could simply sneak in, go upstairs, and go straight to bed. When I opened the door from the garage, into the kitchen, much to my surprise, the oldest son was watching TV in the dark! I ducked back into the garage, pulled off the wig, and pulled on some sweatpants from the car, carrying my high heels shoes under my jacket. "I'm really tired, I need to go straight to bed" I said as I rushed through the kitchen, making a mad dash to the hallway on the way to the stairs. He never said a word to me about it. (His mother was already aware of my activities, I had told her a couple of years earlier, but this did not help the situation)

All in all, everything has worked out for the best, I should have never gotten married in the first place. Marriage does not cure tranvestic tendencies. Thirteen years of potential crossdressing bliss, lost.

There may be a lesson in this, for a young crossdresser. As for me, I would "binge and purge" the crossdressing lifestyle, as so many of us do. I tried, not once, but twice, to get "cured" by marriage. I FINALLY accepted myself for what I am. I no longer carry the guilt, and shame, and I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! I'm in my forties now, I wish so much that I had learned to accept myself as I am, 30 years ago. So much time lost, but I'm determined not to waste any more.

Good luck,
    Knikol
  • April 12, 2003 9:27 AM BST
    Knikol

What a very gentle and touching account. I am so glad you wrote. It has made me feel a lot better.
    Yes - I've gone through all the purges and guilt too, but I still haven't spoken to my neighbour. Should I confront her, or should I pretend nothing happened. We are bound to meet up soon.

Hugs

Barbara
  • April 12, 2003 3:27 PM BST
    DON'T GET MAD,BUT...ONCE THE S.O. GETS A LAWYER THE WORDS "PERVERT"-"DEVIANT"-"CHILD MOLESTER " ARE USUALLY NOT FAR BEHIND...THAT'S HOW WE'RE VIEWED BY THE LEGAL COMMUNITY,WHEN IT COMES TO A DIVORCE..FOR US IT'S LIKE A GAME SHOW, THE WIFE AND KIDS GET A HOUSE AND CAR...YOU GET A SUITCASE(IF YOUR LUCKY,NOT TO BE PROSECUTED FOR "CAN" LAWS(CRIMES AGAINST NATURE,WHICH EVERY STATE HAS )THE JUDGES ALWAYS RULE IN FAVOR OF THE POOR VICTIMS (WIFE & KIDS)THAT HAD TO LIVE WITH YOU ,YOU DEGENERATED PERVERT AND CHILD MOLESTER..(SEE WHAT I MEAN )LAST WEEK AT OUR SORORITY (TRI-ESS)MEETING,2 MORE GIRLS HAVE BEEN SERVED WITH DIVORCE PAPERS,BOTH MARRIED OVER 20 YEARS AND THE REASONS ARE THE SAME...GOOD LUCK ,I WISH YOU THE BEST. PHYLISS-MARIE
  • April 12, 2003 8:53 AM BST
    Hi Knikol

I'm glad that you are happier now. I hope the break-up won't be too distressing and that you'll be able to keep friends with your family. I guess that you must have had some feelings for your wife even though, as you say, you were trying to "cure" yourself.

Hugs

Sarah