Sydney Girl

• March 24, 2003 4:51 PM GMT
    Fionac,
    I think every girl would be envious of your famly especialy me My famly will not let me dress and I have no real girl frinds that I can go out with as Samantha and go shopping with, so just you keep that famley you have and don't look back and plese do help us girl who aren't as forenchanet as you , you can contact me any time you feel like it
    Samantha
    • 539 posts
    March 24, 2003 5:12 PM GMT
    I am always happy to hear of supportive families. Everyone I have told so far has been supportive, and I can say from personal experience that it helps greatly. You are very lucky, Fiona.

Heather H.
  • March 28, 2003 3:08 PM GMT
    You are welcome Fiona any time you want any info just contact us here at tranny web and we'll help any we can.
    • 246 posts
    April 12, 2003 1:25 PM BST
    fiona like you i have irish roots, but someone dug them up a long time ago, i have, when male, an irish surname, so as the irish say, i'm only a plastic paddy.
    As for the blonde roots, try hair streaks as roots dont notice as much then, plus you can by a colourant from "nice and easy" that gives graduations of colour, and differring tones, making it look more "natural".

Julie Clarke
    • 430 posts
    March 18, 2003 7:18 AM GMT
    Hi all,
    Thought that I might add my bit.
    I'm 23 and I live in Sydney, Australia.
    I've ben dressing as long as I can remember. My family always thinking it just funny. I left school at the begining of year 11, I hadn't even done the first term. I went to work in a cinema and did that for 1yr & a 1/2. before joining the Aussie Army at 17.
    I went into the Paratroop unit. I think I did it to prove how much of a man I was. The only problem was it made me relise just how different I really was. I told my sister at 19. She was the one who finished the sentenc as I couldn't. She was really great about it.
    I told my mother about a year later. She was also great, it is now my mother who helps make sure I stay clear of fashion and deportment mistakes.
    My younger brother now knows as I have since left the army and am living at home with Mum, my sister(Amanda) and brother Tim.
    I am so lucky that all are understanting and supportive as I wasn't going back to sneaking around unlit rooms in a skirt!
    I only told a few people in the Army and those who I told had no problem with it but were shocked.
    When posted to Townsville my secret was dicovered by a small minded sergeant and he thought it nesessary to tell all those in my platoon that I was a "pooter" Luckily I was being posted out but that was one week where I was living in a very threatened way. I did survive though.
    I did speak to an Army phyc and she told me that I had no problem as I had it all worked out in my head. I thought that was no surprise as living in the Army forced me to really think is that the way I wanted to live. It was my Mum who wanted me to see the Phyc as she was worried about the efects of what happened in Townsville might have been.
    I've almost been out of the Army two years now. I spent a bit of time traviling Oz and am now working at Panthers behind a bar.
    I'm hoping to start backpacking around the world in October. I want to start in Belfast, Ireland and work my round then head to Scotland and work my way down.
    If money time or will pemits I want to do the rest of the world. I don't want to set any really firm plans bar leaving in October, I just want to see what takes me!
    Well thats part of my story, hope I didn't bore anyone. Sorry about the spelling, I sure I've made a few.... Typing isn't my strong point!
    Hugs and Kisses,
    Fiona.
  • March 18, 2003 8:38 AM GMT
    Fiona,

What a lucky girl you are to have such an understanding family and to have your mind sorted at such a young age. I really envy you and hope that you continue to enjoy the gift you have been given.

Hugs

Lisa
    • 430 posts
    March 18, 2003 1:53 PM GMT
    Thanks Lisa,
    Well i really feel lucky for my family, especially after reading that so many people haven't told family about it out of fear.
    I know I was scared admitting it, but knew deep down that they would understand. I always thought that they would love me no matter what and need to thank them for that.
    I hope that others find the courage to say something and when they do that they get nothing but love!
    Thanks again,
    Hugs and kisses,
    Fiona.
    • 430 posts
    March 25, 2003 2:04 PM GMT
    Hi girls,
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Yes I've got Irish roots, like alot of us out here who were given a free (forced)ride by the thoughtful English. The other roots never stay blonde long anyway!
    love to all,
    Fiona.
    • 456 posts
    March 24, 2003 11:00 PM GMT
    Yes you are lucky to have a supportive and understanding family- I have a wife who knows and understands but I don't think I coold tell my kids.
  • March 25, 2003 7:32 AM GMT
    Hi Fiona

Welcome.

Yes you are lucky to have such an understanding family. Starting in Belfast? does that mean you have Irish roots? as opposed to blonde

Hugs

Sarah