Getting the right bra

• February 8, 2004 11:07 PM GMT
    I am with you 100% fiona. You will find some shops treat you as a person who is in need of advice and service and give you exactly that. Over the years I have made a point of thanking any sales assistant who has provided for and met my requirements.
    I am in southern australia and I have found several chain stores and a number of small boutique stores who are more than happy to assist me as a TG girl. With the chain stores, I have written a thank you letter to their head office thanking the sales assistant by name. As a result I refer the store to my TG friends. It is a wonderful feeling to be treated this way.
    I am older so I shop at a small chain store Burdines and the staff really and genuinely serve me well.
    • 430 posts
    February 12, 2004 6:08 PM GMT
    Stef,

I've been to Adelaide just once myself and found it to be a great place to do some shopping. I was looking around in a store which only sold womenswear and one young assistant came over and in a very friendly manner told me if there was anything I would like to try not to hessitate and that she would give me a hand if I needed. I found everywhere in Adelaide like that.

I plan to do a shopping trip to Adelaide sometime in the future.

Fiona.
    • 430 posts
    April 3, 2003 7:14 AM BST
    Today for the first time i went into a specialty store called "Bra's n thing's" [its a chainstore here in Australia]

I've wanted to get some nice bra and panty sets for awhile now but didn't want to waste money on buying things that wouldn't fit right.

At the end of last year there was a huge closing down sale of a company and they sold heaps of lingire quite cheeply. I bought a few pairs of nice silky panties but come back to my not wanting to buy what won't fit.

Latley I've been feeling rather confident and really girly so I've been doing more fem things even while not dressed and front of people I've not told. I think I'm ready to come out in my work place [maybe soon anyway]

So with that I need a bra to fit properly. I went into Bras n things. The sales girl asked me if I wanted a hand. I told her I wanted to know about sizes and getting the right one. She said its for a prsent obviosly, where I pulled her up and said no its for me! She was really professional and didn't even bat an eyelid. She just asked me what type i was looking for and what sort of look I was going for. She took a bit of time and got me a couple of bras to try on.

I spent the next hour trying on bras while she kept bringing me more to try. She asked about the matching panties and then brought them over as well. I tryed on so many wonderful bras and when I wasn't sure if it sat right I called her over and asked if it was sitting right and how did it look.

At the counter we talked and I said that I was really happy with the choices I had made. I said to her that some even gave me some clevage! She replied that we all liked that.

I had such a great time trying on all those bras and now thanks to getting up the courage to go in, I now have bras that fit and look great!

I just thought I'd add it here as I had to tell everyone! My sister is already sick of me saying stuff about it!

I'm all love....
    Fiona.
  • April 5, 2003 12:32 AM BST
    Good for you... I never would have the guts to do that!
  • April 6, 2003 9:42 PM BST
    for all you irish girls, Marks ans Spencer provide the same professional service. Their attitude is that if you are in buying a bra a need a fitting then they'll treat you in the same way as any other customer... in other words to them you ARE a WOMAN.