How I came out.....

• 16 posts
    June 30, 2003 4:35 PM BST
    Since I am new here I thought I would share with you how and who I have come out to.
    About six or seven months ago I came out to my best friend Jennifer teliing her I was bi-sexual and a cross-dresser. I chose to do it in a letter because frankly that was the way I was most comfortable to do this. I tried in the past before to tell in person, I would try to to find the word or muster up the courage or plan what I was going to say and how it was going to play out. Needless to say it never went as I planned and with her being my best friend and knowing she would still love me and accept me I finally told her.
    So I gave her the letter and asked her to read it that night, we had to work together the next day and spent the night wondering what her reaction would truely be. I was dreading seeing her and when a knock came to the door and I had to answer it I wanted to runaway and hide.
    I answered the door and she looked at me and told me I was a fool if she thought was going to end the friendship over this. She told me she loved me and that she accepts me for me and that she will always love me for simply being me.
    She has been supportive, helpful, kind and most of all loveing. The friendship we share has grown and I able to be myself with her. I do not have to hide behind masks or illusion of who I am.
    She has offerd to help me, she bought me a pair of pink sweatpants for Christmas after I told about a pair I saw that I thought were cute. She said she couldn't resist not getting them for me.
    I told a few more people since then and it has become easier with time, support and love. I use to fear the worst and hide myself and live in shame and guilt about being a crossdresser. I still have those feeling from time to time but I rather live and enjoy my life then hideing in a closet afraid and ashamed of who I am.

Jessica

Btw...my friend is also my ex-girlfriend funny how things turn out sometimes.
    • 136 posts
    July 2, 2003 5:13 AM BST
    How wonderful for you Jessica, to have a dear friend like Jennifer. The world needs more Jennifer's, and Jessica's for that matter!

I'm scared to death to come out to my family, but on the other hand, I've been out in public MANY times, and you never know whose path you may cross out there. I've often wondered if I somehow 'wish' to be discovered? I posted a coming-out story some time ago.

We're glad you're here.

Knikol
    • 16 posts
    July 2, 2003 10:23 PM BST
    Thankyou for the kind words Knikol, I feel I am truely blessed to have Jenn as friend. I haven't come at to my family simply because I know they would not be accepting but I feel it is there loss more then it is mine.