Manchester

• November 25, 2001 7:40 PM GMT

Hi Rikki,

Thanks for the tip on the Ibis, I've used other branches in London and Stockholm. Never for dressing though, pity 'cause they have such nice rooms.
    Checked out your site, very nice, was touched by your story hon. The path between the genders is most definetly less travelled.

Love and hugs

Irene
    • 195 posts
    November 14, 2001 9:33 PM GMT
    An alternative place to stay in Manchester is the IBIS Hotel in Charles Street.  Its just on the edge of the Village and only a five minute walk from all the action - But I fould the rooms nicer than the Rembrandt and they are very trannie friendly.  They were also cheaper - £35 for a double room the last time I stayed there on a Saturday Night.  

Best nights in Manchester are Wednesday and Saturday - Wednesday is the Northern Concord Meeting in the Piano Bar upstairs in the Hollywood Show Bar on Bloom Street. If you have never been to the village this is definately the best place to start, especially if you are alone and there are changing facilities if you are not staying over night.  You will be well looked after by Mary and easily find some new friends to go out and about with.

Check out their web site http://www.northernconcord.org.uk
    for full details on where to go and what to do in Manchester.
  • November 7, 2001 6:07 PM GMT
    Hi Girls,

Just a little note on the Village in Manchester, where a girlfriend(TG) and I had a great weekend.

We stayed in a gay run hotel called the Rembrandt, located in the village on Canal Street. Very basic but affordable accomodation. Living dressed was no problem as we were housed in an annex to the main building.
    From our doorstep there were a plethora of places to choose from, my favourites were The Manhattan, Hollywwood showbar and Napoleons. All were more tranny than any other place I've ever been, with the exception of Stormes or Wayout in London, The Manhattan had tranny bar staff and a drag DJ with a drag cabaret on the Saturday night.
    Walking around the village is safe and the people are laid back and friendly.
    While walking from the Manhattan to Napoleons we started chatting with a group of girls on a hen night, they decided to tag along to Napoleons for a drink with us. The were quite shocked to find they had to pay a cover charge where as tranny girls get in for free!

So girls for another option of tranny travel go have a ball up north.
    Check out The northern Concord's site for more info.

Love

Irene