Where's your hiding place?

• March 8, 2004 3:43 PM GMT
    Trying to get some of us to connect with things in common. I was just wondering how many creative hiding places there could possibly be.

My little box was above the ceiling in the baby's room for a while, then in the garage and finally had to get a small storage in town so it wouldn't be found anymore.

Where was/is your's? Who found it? What was the reaction?
    • 124 posts
    March 9, 2004 12:37 AM GMT
    Hi Ginger,

Well, I use to hide my things in the garage, in the basement back corner, under by bed behind the drawers, under and in my desk. Well, I had moved everything but one box into the basement. A few weeks after that my wife stumbled onto the last box that was left in the garage and she moved it but didn't say anything about it. Well, I figured it was time to let her know about my feminine side so I wrote a three page letter ( thanks to everyone elses letter that I was able to read for hints ). Well, that was right before Halloween 2003. Well since she found out, I asked her if I could shave my legs and she said go at it, I don't care. So I did and they are still shaven and I went out for halloween to a straight bar and had a blast. But I am also so glad that I prepared for the eventuality of being found out, it made it a lot easier when I really had to tell the truth.

Huggz.....

Casandra
  • March 11, 2004 3:07 PM GMT
    Okay, I get it. Everyone is chicken? Afraid to say something, maybe momma will read this and know where your hiding place is?

I truly don't understand why there hasn't been more responses. Could be that most of the girls from the UK (which seems to be A LOT) don't have to hide anything because they live alone?

Not really sure here what's going on. I thought this thread would have more responses. Oh well, I suppose this can fall under the catagory of "Things that make you go, Hmmmmmm?"

ginger
    • 614 posts
    March 11, 2004 3:47 PM GMT
    i keep al my stuff in my wardrobe but it is padlocked so no one can get in it
    • 136 posts
    March 19, 2004 3:29 AM GMT
    When I was a teen, (I'm ashamed to admit this) I never had my own stuff, I only got to dress when everyone was out, and then I would dress in my sister's and mother's clothes.

Later, I married, and hoped that the feelings would go away. They did for a while, but only to come back stronger. I still had virtually nothing of my own, but the few things I did have, were in a box under the stairs. After 7 years, we divorced, (I don't think she ever knew, but I cannot say for certain.)

I lived alone for about 4 years, no need to hide my stuff, which grew into a sizable collection. Then I met another girl, and I thought that surely THIS time, I could manage to go on the straight and narrow, for good! So I purged, and we were married. It didn't take, before long, I was building another stash of frilly things, which I kept hidden in boxes under the stairs, in the back of closets, wherever they were least likely to be noticed. We rented a house that had locking cabinets in the cellar, this was perfect.

I was getting tired of hiding. My spouse had seen me as Knikol at Halloween for a few years, so I finally told her how I had been hiding this feminine side of myself since I was 10 years old. She actually said that she was okay with it, and that she noticed how happy I was every Halloween.

We bought a new house with huge walk-in closets. What a great arrangement, Knikol finally had her own space! (the door to my closet was kept locked, to keep the wardrobe secret from my son, whom I was not to let in on my crossdressing) When I started branching out, socializing "en femme", my spouse's attitude changed, and we divorced.

So, for the last two years, I have my own place, and a closet full of Knikol, and I'm working on coming out at work to transition and begin my RLT! It's such a relief to not have to find hiding places any longer.

Knikol

• March 29, 2004 6:44 PM BST
    Seems pretty odd that there hasn't been more response to this thread.

Many Many Many years ago when I was 18 (Whew!) My best friend stayed at the house and babysat for my wife and I one evening. He found my stash above the ceiling in the bedroom in a little box. How I'll never know. Snooping around quite a bit to find that one. Anyway, he was never the same towards me.

What's up with that?

Anyone ever walk in on you? Or make you do the 50 yard dash into the bathroom and change like superman in the phonebooth while your heart is racing a million miles an hour?

Ginger
    • 2 posts
    March 29, 2004 11:24 PM BST
    My worst moment was probably 14 years ago. My wife and I lived in a small flat, she was out at work and I was home alone all day. I had looked forward to it all week. About 11am I had showered and shaved and was ready to get dressed. Normally I would have done my face before dressing but for some unknown reason I didn't (thank god). I put on a garter belt and sheer black stockings. I then put on a short black skirt. I was just admiring myself thinking how wonderful it was to be wearing a skirt when I caught sight of my wifes car coming into the car park. I nearly died!. She never takes time to get from the car to the flat. At first I froze, I didn't know what to do. After what seemed like ages I quickly removed my skirt and kicked it under the bed. I took of the stockings and pulled on a pair of jeans. The stockings were in my pocket. I was still fastening my jeans when she came into the bedroom. I gave her my usual hug and kiss and asked why she was home. She told me she was feeling unwell. I was shaking. She then went into the loo, I continued to sort myself out and to my horror realised I was still wearing my garter belt over my jeans but under my sweatshirt.
    I often thought that she must have seen something but as I found out years later when she did catch me that she obviosly did not.
  • March 29, 2004 11:43 PM BST
    Great story.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Come on girls, fess-up.
  • May 4, 2004 2:18 AM BST
    Once in a while I need to recycle my stuff. This is because it would be impossible to hide it at home. I used to put it in the bus station, but I noticed it was open very easily by the employees and I didn`t want to get exposed. Now I have a big portfolio, which I can keep at my office or at my car. But it is limited, so I need to get new things and get rid of the old ones.
    • 1083 posts
    May 7, 2004 2:08 PM BST
    Hide it?

HIDE IT???

Who says I hide anything?!?

With a few exceptions, my stuff's pretty obvious. I have a converted confessional for my closet (comes from living in a 107 year old former nunnery), and the doors no longer shut due to my having installed closet rods. Guess what--that's where my stuff is!

I have a "portable" canvas wardrobe--that holds a few things, like my wig and supplies and a few outfits--but most of my stuff hangs in full, glorious view.

There's a couple of full garment bags, but that's for the stuff I don't wear often and so they keep the dust off those outfits. I have found (personally) that the best place to "hide" things...

...is in plain sight. Really.

Maybe I'm just naive', but then, I don't hide much of anything anymore. (The wig and some of my makeup is about all.) There was a point where I kept all my stuff hidden (and that's a long time ago in another place I lived), but since learning about and 'fessing up to the SO about being gender dysphoric--I don't hide much of anything anymore.

I'll post some pix in this space to show you what I mean.

Sorry, luvs--I'm rambling on. This is a fun thread, though--I'd like to see a few more responses too!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
  • May 16, 2004 5:07 PM BST
    My secret hiding place is under my bed now, i have this drawer thats broke and its a pain to open, you gotta know the technique to open it and then it only opens a few inches (just enough to get my boney arms in and pull my stuff out. Ever since my parents found out tho i just keep them in normal drawers now and just am open with my mom to stop her snooping. I can remember a few occasions being dressed in my sisters clothes then my parents coming home, and me running 1000 mph to the bathroom crying that id get found out. Theres plenty of time ive been dancing in the house then my friends would knock on the door and be yelling through the letter box " i know your in" but of course i couldnt answer the door in a dress and make up
    Most of my first clothes i wore was my sisters so i never really had much to hide. I use to also get some clothes off my aunt when she would have a sort out. She use to bring a bag full of clothes and id always be first to secretly raid the bag, use to take all the best clothes hehe, still surprised that i never got found out sooner.
    i remember 1 time when my mum and dad found a pair of nickers in my room! i use to hide them under my mattress thinking they was safe, how wrong was i. i remember coming home and my mum and dad going berserk at me "WHOS ARE THESE NICKERS, I HOPE YOU HAVIN'T BEEN F***IN WEARING THEM!"
    My mums also almost caught me in the past from having sore eyes because of cheap make up and noticing the outlines of bras in my clothes.

Hope your happy now your threads starting to get more replies! lol

O well take care everyone

With Love

Rach
  • June 23, 2005 8:46 PM BST
    I've done a couple 50 yard dashes into the bathroom to strip out of my stuff and hide it because someone came home earlier than expected.

Anyone else?
  • June 24, 2005 9:53 PM BST
    Have just noticed that this theme has restarted so thought I'd tell you about my hidy holes. As a youngster at home I was like a lot of others, I had no problem with hiding clothes as they were my mothers things that I wore. Then when I was in the army I only had a few things so they were kept in a locked suitcase, but you had to be very careful.
    When I got married the loft came into use, handy as the wife never ventured up there. With various moves the loft was always the handiest. However as the frequency of wearing and the number of clothes increased the loft became unsuitable. The shed, garage and even under a bench in the greenhouse got used.
    Then the day came that I finally outed myself to the wife.
    I was allowed to keep my clothes in our bedroom. Great, slowly my gear moved from its hidy holes but I realised that the wife was getting worried about how much I had. Then she suggested a compromise - use the caravan as a dressing room. This was even better but she still wasn't happy about how much I had.
    We were already drifting apart so it wasn't surprising when we parted.
    Now that I'm living with my tv girlfriend I don't have to hide anything. Just have to be careful when hangng out the washing.
    Don't want the neighbours to see too much.

That's my little story so now I'll sign out.
    June
    • 112 posts
    July 5, 2005 9:55 PM BST
    Hia! i can remember at about 9-16yrs old hiding clothes i'd "recycled" out of the bin of rags in the metal shop up the road,all clean and everything, I hid stuff in the shed i kept my motorcycles in. Everyone was made very aware that access to my "workshop" was A/ boring, b/ stopping me doing something,c/ or told its "top secret"!! and can't come in. I worked away in there a lot anyway. Add a lock on the door and a large "rag box" to hand. When could i'd turn t-shirts into skirts etc, i'd keep an eye on a piece of clothing in the airing cupboard stacks and after weeks take it and move it elsewhere in the cupboard, if it was missed it could be found with a rummage about, after some time (months) sometimes i'd take it,then wait to see if it was missed again. then hide it, then wear it. Locked car boots also cool. also a habit I had was biscuit tins buried in a wood 1/2 a mile away. now i just put them with all my other clothes. gosh i jest clocked how paranoid i was Gee!
    xyx natalie xyx
    love and light, is it alright?
  • July 16, 2005 11:02 PM BST
    Hi

I use to keep mine under the bed,between the materist and the bed frame. Then as i got older i put them in a container, with all my other things i use to store. The hardest thing back then was washing them, had to pick a time when parents were gone. Now that i'm away from home i keep them in a closet with a lock, in case friends or family come over to visit.

One day my mom drop by unexpectly, and i had my high heel shoes out. had to think of something quick, and told her it was kellies and she forgot them. don't know if she bought that. lucky me i wasn't wearing my camisole & cargo skort.

keiie
  • March 30, 2004 2:11 AM BST
    When I was a kid/teen, I used to keep stuff locked up in my suitcases in the closet or in my dresser drawers under my boys' clothes.
  • May 8, 2004 4:37 PM BST
    Mine is in a larged locked suitcase in the loft. It only holds so much, so I have to be quite ruthless with my wardrobe. Anything I don't wear or that doesn't work for me, I throw out, so that everything remaining is functional and generally non-duplicating. The suitcase itself is fairly safe from inspection. My family never have cause to go into the loft.

I've been nearly caught several times, always when family members have returned sooner than expected and I've had to get changed upstairs in extreme haste. The luckiest escape is when I inadvertently left out my ice blue dress - it was draped over a bannister on top of some other clothes, for several hours, before I remembered to put it away. In all that time my family walked past it without noticing it. I've no idea how.

Catherine