new night out planned.

• 246 posts
    September 6, 2002 10:01 PM BST
    thats okay irene, i get invites to stoke, newcastle and etc, and cant get there either, but at least i tried for a coupla munfs.!

sorry couldnt start anyfing!  :-/
  • September 1, 2002 1:55 AM BST

A very difficult thing to do, start a new club night.

It's best if you've got a core of tranny friends that can help you back an event.

Sorry it's too far away for me to get there.
    • 246 posts
    August 31, 2002 3:19 PM BST
    HIYA...

DELETED.
    • 246 posts
    August 23, 2002 10:17 PM BST
    i even give you the number of the place....
    DELETED.
    • 246 posts
    August 9, 2002 7:16 PM BST
    the club owner is very interested in ... DELETED
    • 246 posts
    August 2, 2002 9:04 PM BST
    ... DELETED..

We may be doing a champagne reception too!

The entrance fee is not restrictive, as rip off is not us!!

So get involved, share the news, and if anyone is interested get in touch...

we looking to make this a smash!
    International visitors welcome too, if youre in the area.
    • 246 posts
    July 25, 2002 8:39 AM BST
    i've stepped away from it now, leavin it to a friend called theresa, if she can see clearly enough to do it!
    lots of work, for nowt so far.
    • 195 posts
    July 24, 2002 9:27 PM BST
    Do you have an local trannie contacts Julie.

Getting a regular night going is very difficult - most trnnies eve if tey are out - are infrequent - We have a great Gay bar in Hull - and tried to gt a regular minday night thing going - sometimes the girl who was orgnisig it was the only one there - so unless you have a good network of local girls you are going to struggle -

A better way would be to get together with a fewe local frineds and between you arrange to have a Trannie friendly night at the club when it is open for its normal gay customers - Then as long as you are able to be ther every week, you can promote it all over the web.

In Yorkshire we have a great social group www.Trans-Yorks.org.uk - thst brings together trannies all over yorkshire and organises monthly or weekely nights to meet up - even with  over 200 members - some nights in Hull - ther are only half a dozen of us there.  

Don't be put off though - if you really want this to happen it will - just work within th limitations of the market.
  • July 19, 2002 9:32 PM BST

I've been down the same path, trying to organise some people who are mostly by nature reluctant to step out.
    If I had a pound for every email from somebody wanting to go out for the first time, designer wear..............
    Bottling at the last minute is common, I won't be waiting in a bar somewhere for trannys anymore that's for sure.

Live for yourself, help those that will be helped not the ones that moan "nobody will help me". When that help is offered they become very quiet.

as much as I love tranny web, most of the members cannot venture out. If you want to make a venue viable try the TV/TS news

Irene
    • 246 posts
    July 19, 2002 3:32 PM BST
    come on, let me know whos interested and some ideas, otherwise they may back down? and we need places to go - dont we?  :'(
  • July 17, 2002 7:28 PM BST
    i've talked to a local gay nightclub, and am formulating ideas for a trannie night on wednesdays. with the long term aim of making another night happen on a sunday every eight weeks.
    the club is quite friendly and i know people who run the place. they will have door staff available for our use. its at planning stage and in bedfordshire, so if anyone interested in this happenin, let me know.
    full nightclub licence.
    occasional cabaret could be arranged, dj is provided and none of those stupid london prices.
    i'll keep you informed.
    • 530 posts
    October 13, 2002 9:19 PM BST
    Do not be too downhearted.Many such attempts have been made,most of which have failed.This has rarely been tha fault of the instigator,but more often due to the difficulties many trannies experience even getting out of the closet.The local support group numbers double when the dark nights set in-says it all.
    We had a new group start recently,but then due to difficulties with venue,then internal politics,it too has gone the same way.
    Love,Sue.X
    • 246 posts
    October 13, 2002 8:21 PM BST
    note to all.

i spent a lot of effort admidst difficult personal time to try and arrange something in reach of london and the midlands.
    that was my intention.
    1) i asked for preinterest to secure the concept at the venue. got no replies or interest.
    2) i wore myself out tryin to make it all come together - pre-evening beauticians, dressing facilities - even started to negotiate discounted hotel rates, and got three pubs interested in the concept of cross venue visiting during early evening and even through the rest of the event.
    3) posted that i was getting fed up with retiscence.
    4) have now given it up
    5) i look like a little bit of a fool
    6) this will pass, but adds another negative to my mind.
    7) i do not like failure, therefore i will not endeavour to create such a unique provincial opportunity again.
    8) i'm sure many other venues or events exist. i was foolishly ambitious, and have extinguished the goodwill that previously existed at one particular venue,
    9) it appears i cant organise the proverbial p*ssup in a brewery related venue.

With everything i have to sort out in my own mind, ladies, please forgive me.
    this is final posting i will make to this thread.
    i step down from this doomed project.

maybe one day i might try again.
    j.