Celebrating JJ's forum on feeling low

• 2463 posts
    June 9, 2005 12:46 AM BST
    Girls,

JJ did something for us that we all needed. To cry on each other's shoulders, and to celebrate the friendships we have with each other.

I won't go into details about me now. I want to cry for a year at least because my soul is so heavy. You've heard it all before from me, and there's so much more I didn't say.

But my point is that I feel as if we were all in a room, speaking our minds, holding hands, tears pouring down our faces, and getting it all off our chests. Girls, last Christmas I posted an extremely emotional message. I'll never forget how all of you have been there for me since I've known you for a year and a half.

JJ, thank you for what you began here. Or, should I say, Dr. JJ?
    • 2463 posts
    June 9, 2005 12:52 AM BST
    I'm responding to my own thread....

Girls, and JJ, allow me this one moment

Last year I was at a low point and even hinting about ending it all and letting everyone know they would be better off without me. Well, things are worse now, and I'm trying harder.

However, last year, when one of the times Anne-Marie was having a party I called over there. JJ spent a bit of time with me on the phone about the importance of life. In fact, I asked to speak with her a second time. I'll never forget what she said to me.

I would never do anything stupid like that, being a Buddhist/Hindu/Catholic. But JJ, like the thread she began, showed us all that we need each other.

Maybe we can start a therapy thread?
    • 1198 posts
    June 9, 2005 10:41 AM BST
    Hi Honey bunnys,

thanx for the vote of confidence, but i did it to prove we are all human, all mistakes and can all feel low. To share and show emotion is a very hard thing to do, but its easy to keep it bottled up.

As for me being a doctor......Nah, just learnt abit about myself, and that i like being the new me better than the old!!!!....thanx anyway girls.....hugz Julie xx
    • 2463 posts
    June 9, 2005 2:03 PM BST
    JJ, it was just my little way of showing my appreciation. Or, should I say, it was OUR way of showing OUR appreciation.

Today I'm going to do whatever I can to stay happy. Or get happy, whatever! I still can't dress though!

Tiina, you're right. Every thread is therapy for us.

Mere
  • June 9, 2005 7:01 PM BST
    Can I join in this one too?
    Meredith, Im so very happy to hear that you feel stronger these days. I know we were all worried about you and all the girls when they have dark days. I have had some in the past and if I can be so bold as to say I really feel part of this wonderful community here.
    Thank you to everyone who is part of TW and all the girls who havent found TW yet. And I hope Im not being too bold when I say we are a great team, because I do feel part of it.
    Some people can claim they have lots of friends but I think the friendships made here are extraordinarily specialand strong.
    Everyone hold hands and feel the love and support coming from us all.
    I always worry that Im not saying the right thing but this needed to come out of me.

Dorothy xx
    • 2627 posts
    June 9, 2005 8:15 PM BST
    May I join in also. Dorothy I know exatly what your saying.
    Sometimes I don't respond because nothing I say sounds right to me. I so much want to help when someone is hurting but don't know how. JJ's thread made us all think of nice things. I wish I knew her better. From what I hear she's a good lady. But so many here are. Anna helped me thru a small crises. Christina talked to me everyday when I was ill. I hope when the time comes that I can be there.
    • 2463 posts
    June 9, 2005 8:22 PM BST
    Dorothy, I don't think anyone could have said it any better than you just did. And, trust me, I can be VERY arrogant when it comes to my writing!

That's the funny thing about me - I have terrible insecurities, yet I'm the biggest egotist when it comes to my history teaching and writing. Damn, I'm the best.

But, to get away from patting myself on the back and kissing my own bum, we are a great team, just like Dorothy said.

• 2463 posts
    June 9, 2005 8:37 PM BST
    Karen, I would talk to you in person if possible. I'm glad Chris was able to. I'll never forget when I first spoke with her. She's a great person. I'm glad to read that her life is better these days.

As for JJ, I've known her for a while and, like I wrote, spoke with her several times as well. She has a great heart and a lot of wisdom. She also has fantastic legs, too.
  • June 9, 2005 9:36 PM BST
    You have already been there for others Karen, I know, Ive read some of your caring words. and I know what you mean too when you say sometimes you want to help but dont know what to say or even if its the right thing to say.

Meredith, you are the best at history teaching and writing. Go Girl. And as for kissing your own bum, WOW, I practice yoga sometimes but ive never managed to get that far back or maybe its under, not sure . I will have a go. Doh, now I cant straighten up again !.

Dorothy xxx
  • June 9, 2005 9:43 PM BST
    Karen
    And what you have heard about JJ is correct. She is lovely. JJ was among the first of several caring and kind people to respond to my posts in the SO forum when I first joined TW.

Love Dorothy xx
    • 246 posts
    June 15, 2005 8:06 AM BST
    Sometimes we are blind to the possibilities of stuff. I am guilty often of blindfolding myself and being swamped by sh*t.

Ne te illegitemi te confudiante!

(probably one of the only bits of latin I know but at least the censor cant change the words!!!)

Why dont you start a blog.
    I have.
    It wont be that regular unfortunately, but hey it there if I need it.
    YOU should try it!