Rebecca Rikkers - Book of Condolences

• 2127 posts
    November 19, 2006 3:11 PM GMT

As you may already know, our lovely friend Rebecca Rikkers was taken from us today, November 19th 2006, following a short illness.

She only joined us at Trannyweb on October 1st but in the short time she was here, she made a great impact on everyone she encountered.

To compound this tragedy even more, she was just 19 years old.

If you knew Becca or even if you didn't, please add your thoughts to this thread - our book of condolences.

Thanks, Katie
    • 773 posts
    November 19, 2006 3:34 PM GMT
    The sudden loss of our friend Rebecca Rikkers has sent a ripple of shock through our community. She was a bright and beautiful young woman, about to embark on the journey into adulthood with a clear idea of who she was, and the courage to be that person.

Becca gave us so much during her brief time in our community, but was so well loved, indeed, that we all feel this loss deeply. That she was so young, yet focused, was a source of inspiration to many of us who are in pursuit of our identities at a somewhat more advanced age. In a way, Becca helped us to regain some of the wide-eyed optimism of our youth.

She was so positive, looking forward to the future, instead of dreading it. Always cheerful, despite her recent adversities. There is much we can learn from our young sister, taken so suddenly from our midst. Chiefly, that our time in this life is limited. In her brief life, Rebecca shared so much of her hope and enthusiasm with us. That her last thoughts were of her friends at Trannyweb demonstrates the value of this community we have.

Our sister Rebecca’s passing should serve as a reminder to us of the value of our community, and of the importance of sharing our unconditional love and support here, through thick and thin, in the spirit of community and fellowship. Rebecca looked forward to the future. She had a lot to look forward to. The future is all we have. Let’s all come together and make the most of it. Together.

It is in this way we can best honor her memory.
    • 140 posts
    November 19, 2006 4:35 PM GMT
    I spoke to Rebecca many many times. We got to be friends. As I sit here and cry, I hope she finally has found happiness in her next level. I am sure she is the shining example of a beautiful young girl there. I know I will miss her very much......
    Jackie.

Thank You Katie for telling me, I didn't know until now.
  • November 19, 2006 5:13 PM GMT
    I have spoken to Rebecca only once and I knew from that moment that the sun shines from her heart.

For Becca... xoxox jennifer lee
    • 2 posts
    November 19, 2006 6:25 PM GMT
    My dearest Rebecca you were a ray of sunshine in my life. It was a pleasure to have known you. I love you babe and i always will. You were a dear friend and i will miss you so much babe. Hope you enjoy heaven babe for that is surely where you are now. I have lost a part of my heart today.
    • 1 posts
    November 19, 2006 7:26 PM GMT
    So sorry to hear about this. My condolences to someone who seems like such a warm, kind and caring soul to have known. Take care, wherever you are.
    • 2573 posts
    November 19, 2006 8:28 PM GMT
    Rebecca,

If you could be in the chatroom today, you would know how much you were loved. Goodby, Sweetie.
    • 2068 posts
    November 19, 2006 9:45 PM GMT
    I'm absolutely STUNNED to hear this awful news i really am. its so tragic that she should be taken from us when she was young. I only spoke to her a few times but she Sure had an effect on me & countless others here. She was a real diamond of a girl & will be sadly missed. I bet that right this minute she's up there watchin over us.

"Rebecca Rikkers.....there can be only one"

Anna-Marie xxxxxxxx
    • 1980 posts
    November 19, 2006 10:07 PM GMT
    This is so sad, I don't know what to say. We all need to keep in mind the impermanence of our lives and how swiftly someone we hold dear can be taken from us.

May the Goddess hold you close, Rebecca, and keep you always in her arms.

Hugs...Joni Cruz
  • November 19, 2006 11:17 PM GMT
    becca an angel born ..who today spred her wings and flew home...god speed becca...may you have in heaven what you could not have here ...will see you on the other side ...brandi rose
    • 2627 posts
    November 20, 2006 12:04 AM GMT
    A couple of nights when I was having trouble sleeping she was the only one in the chat room. We talked & she was so sweet.
    I just can"t stop crying it feels so wrong.
  • November 20, 2006 12:51 AM GMT
    Dearest Rebecca i never got the chance to chat to you or to get to know you but i just know by the number of condolences that your sisters at T-web have left you You have touched so many many heart here in the short time you had here & that you will & are so truly missed by all in this community.

SLEEP PEACEFULLY SWEET ANGEL

Charllet
    • 1083 posts
    November 20, 2006 5:44 AM GMT
    'Becca--

Rest in peace, dear one. Though we never met or talked much in chat, you will be sorely missed.

Minako Sakura
    • 1 posts
    November 20, 2006 5:56 AM GMT
    It has been a long time since i have cryed but today it is ok to cry and we cry because we lost a friend , though only 19 she had more courage than anyone i have met so from the first time i talked to Rebecca i liked her because we had a similar way of thinking , it is ironic but perhaps we should learn from rebecca not once did i ever here that young lady whine or talk bad about anyone,and anyone that knows me knows i do not make friends easily but it was easy to be her friend so i'm proud to say she was my friend and the loss of Rebecca leaves a hole in my heart and pain in my chest, i love and will miss you babygirl! xoxoxo Alyssah
  • November 20, 2006 8:55 AM GMT
    I have only spoken to Rebecca once, but from that moment on I knew that she had a heart of gold and that the sun will always shine in her memory.

For Rebecca xxxxx Alina
    • 24 posts
    November 20, 2006 9:58 AM GMT
    I never met Rebecca but from her posts she seemed such a lovely person & too young to be taken from us RIP
  • November 20, 2006 10:06 AM GMT
    Although I have never met or chatted with you I can see you have reached out to many people here.May you rest in peace.

Andrea
    xxxxxx
    • 374 posts
    November 20, 2006 11:24 AM GMT
    The news of Becca's passing has left me stunned. Why does someone so young and so full of life have to be taken away from us? I didn't know Becca very well, but I did have the opportunity to talk with her in the chat room on a couple of occassions. She was such a sweetheart! I didn't realize how serious her illness was. We lost a dear friend but heaven gained a real angel. Rest in peace Becca, we'll miss you.

Monika
    • 1652 posts
    November 20, 2006 11:51 AM GMT
    Sweet little sunbeam, you will be so missed.
    I’m glad to have met you, and sad to have not got to know you better.
    xx
  • November 20, 2006 2:54 PM GMT
    I will always love you Rebecca.

Rebecca, I love you hun and I will miss you loads.
    I will always remember you, zeal for life & fun. Your openness, and acceptance of people, your warm hearted nature, and always having the time for others before yourself.
    Sis I want to thank you for being an inspiration to me, and for helping me to work through some of my own issues, leading me to knowing who I am, who I want to be and how I want to live me Life.
    I know that you have gone to a far better place than here and I know that you are happy now living the life you were always meant to. Thats makes me happy to know that you are Rebecca in every sense of who you are.
    Hun I will miss you so much, but I will remember you always.
    Huggs from you sister
    Lucy
    • 2463 posts
    November 20, 2006 4:46 PM GMT
    I haven't said anything yet because it needed to sink in. Maybe I've become too numb to pain and sorrow.

I did know Becca well and she was teaching me Dutch. I knew of her problems and was hoping they would go away.

Not to be too Hindu here, but while Becca's body died, her soul did not.

I will not say goodbye. Rather, until we meet again - whether in this lifetime or the next.

Love, Mere
    • 6 posts
    November 20, 2006 9:45 PM GMT
    A light has gone from this group, Rebecca was young and only with us such a short time, but she made an such impact on so many of us that she will be remembered for a long time. I chatted with her often and she so happy being part of this community and in some ways fitting that she was here with us joking and chatting that morning before she left us. I still can't believe she has gone. Let us also remember her parents who must be devastated, my heart goes out to them. May God give you peace Rebecca. Katie
  • November 21, 2006 9:33 AM GMT
    I chatted with Rebecca many times, and was shocked as everyone else. It's so sad to see someone leave this earth at such an early age. I lost my own son at the early age of 20, and it is devastating to say the least. My condolences to her family. God rest her soul. DeeDee
  • November 21, 2006 4:35 PM GMT
    Doei lieve zusje

Je was een praqchtig zusje voor me en Danique en ik zullen je MEGA gaan missen.

Sprakeloos

Rest in Peace
    Knuffelmonster
  • November 22, 2006 1:00 AM GMT
    This is just awful. So sad when one is so young. My heart goes out to her family and to everyone here at Tweb and to the rest of the community around the world.
    Although, a star amongst many stars, she will shine the brightest. A star amongst many stars, she will shine on.
    • 128 posts
    November 22, 2006 7:12 AM GMT
    I never met Rebecca. This is my regret . Being mortal is a concept hard to imagine sometimes. Always thought everyone was superwoman. Now I cry.
    • 3 posts
    November 24, 2006 3:50 PM GMT
    Rebecca, you are the shining light for all who know you. Although we weep with tears of sorrow, we hold you close in our hearts. I will miss your sweet enthusiam for life and your smile for everyone. I really hope you are in a better place cos this one feel a alot emptier without you. With all my luv XXXXXX Jools
    • 448 posts
    November 26, 2006 9:18 PM GMT
    I never knew Rebecca and never spoke to her. But that's not really the point. I mourn the passing of someone very special which is what we all are. Rest in Peace in another place, a better place where there is no pain.
  • November 27, 2006 1:28 AM GMT
    "Carry me to the shoreline, bury me in the sand, walk me accross the water, and maybe you'll understand...once the stone your crawling under, is lifted off your shoulders, once the cloud that's raining over your head, clears off, the noise that you'll hear, is the crashing down on hollow years"

That's our song hun...I am better for knowing you the short time that I did. I still remember that first conversation you and I had the first night you came here...the conversation that made me look deep into myself...I will carry that with me, always.

I hope this final transition is smooth for you, you have had enough pain in life, you don't need more.

If you find the time while you are flying around the dreamland, let me know your near, I'll be there.

I love you hun,
    Yours Forever,
    Kayleigh Marie Martin