On the verge..........

• 2463 posts
    January 16, 2005 5:49 AM GMT
    First of all, Mere, put down the wine.......and, no, I am not drunk at all.

Girls, this is tough. I'm slowly coming out fully as a TV. I drop little hints here and there. I should stop. TELL ME TO STOP!! I just want this to end - that is- what we all want, the hiding. Like all of us, I am tired of hiding. I talk about you around the house, but.....

I am about to come out to my family. Hold my hand.........
  • January 16, 2005 6:02 AM GMT
    Hey honey, don't be frightened you've got so many friends here!

Nigella xx
    • 430 posts
    January 16, 2005 8:47 AM GMT
    Mere,

You can probably guess what I think. Do it sweetie. It may be hard at first but putting up with that difficulty is so much eaasier than the hiding and the lies. As hard as it is its so much easier. I know I dont have to say this to you, your a smart person. You teach others with your wisdom, so use this to know what you have to do.

Trust me you will feel better having done so.
    • 2068 posts
    January 16, 2005 10:55 AM GMT
    Mere honey coming "out" should be the end to you having to hide who you really are.If it's something you truly believe in then go for it! Why hide yourself honey,you've nothing to be ashamed about.Things will be tough to start with but then they WILL get easier..trust me! when i "came out" it was very hard for a while til my family got used to it,now they accept me fully for who i am.There'll probably be a Q a mile long to hold your hand honey...something i would do without question.Stay strong honey cos we're all with you on this...love and ooooooo maria p.s..." i love you to bits"
    • 614 posts
    January 16, 2005 11:01 AM GMT
    youve got my full surport darlin , you have me email and phon no , if you need to caht or anything im here for you babe , with an ear to listen and a sholder to cry on ( but lets hope you dont need that ) . i wish you all the best in coming out to your family , and wont ask any questions.
    • 1198 posts
    January 16, 2005 12:19 PM GMT
    I wish you good luck Mere and i will be thinking of you, as you always tell me "youhave us here on Tweb" and that you do have hun.......hugz Julie xx
    • 1980 posts
    January 16, 2005 1:35 PM GMT
    Hi Meredith-

Having read so many of your posts over the past few months, I know you're an intelligent and thoughtful person who didn't arrive at this crossroad (no pun) without already knowing what you want to do. If you feel you need to disclose to your family for whatever reason, and the reasons don't matter, they're your own and only you can be the judge of what you need to do, then I wish you the very best of luck.

Hugs, Joni
    • 2463 posts
    January 16, 2005 5:18 PM GMT
    Thank you all so much for your comments. The voices of reason. Sandra - you have a good point. What do I hope to accomplish? Peace of mind. Everyone I know thinks I'm weird anyway (and it's true!), but I'm feeling the need for honesty. It will be a long process in coming out; it will be gradual. I'm fine right now. I think I'm going to apply for that job in East Anglia. I don't think I'll get it, but it's worth a try. As my wife even said, "That way you can hang out with your friends." We'll see what happens over the next year.

I will be cautious about this. Right now I'm testing the waters.
    • 2068 posts
    January 17, 2005 9:52 AM GMT
    WOW!! you're going after a job here in east anglia honey.I hope you get it cos it'll mean you can come over to see me(if you want,silly question i know).i will keep everything crossed and hope you get it.Love and xxooooo maria
  • February 12, 2005 9:59 PM GMT
    Hi Mere,

How are you doing? Any update on your
    fully coming out? Wishing you luck.
    As for the wine, don't stop that either.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn oxoxox

PS my favorite wine is a Chardonnay from the Margaret River region of Australia - PIERO
    • 2463 posts
    February 12, 2005 10:53 PM GMT
    Hi Michelle, I've been meaning to write.

It looks like I'm finally being put out of the house for a while. The thing is, if I go, I won't ever return, and I don't want that.

I was asked to wait on coming out because of what it might do to my child. Yet the situation is almost being forced.

I am me. Maybe I'm rough around the edges, maybe I don't know how to behave, maybe I don't know anything. All I do know is I am me.
    • 2463 posts
    February 13, 2005 1:58 PM GMT
    Gloria,
    First of all, I'm so glad you're still with us. Second, and this is to all of you as well, you've helped me so much. I was allowed to sleep in my own bed (with her!) last night, although, as we agreed, if I snored too loud I could be kicked out. Those damn sinuses of mine!

Right now I'm in a holding pattern. I just want this all over and decided. I know life doesn't work like that. But I think people are starting to get the idea that I am TG by what I say. I was asked to never dress when they're at home, even if it is at night and they're both asleep.

Today is a rainy day. I like those. I'm listening to new age music and trying to get my spirit going.
    • 2627 posts
    February 13, 2005 2:17 PM GMT
    I'm to have a talk tonight with my sister about Karen. I'm starting to understand the courage it took for you. You had much more to lose than me. I'm so scared I may change my mind.
    Karen
    • 2463 posts
    February 14, 2005 12:36 AM GMT
    Karen, I don't know what to say that would help. Maybe test the waters first before jumping in. Yet, coming clean may be the best. I don't know what is best for you. I think I'm losing so much by the day, yet she wants to stay with me as long as we work it all out. Karen, I wish you the best. Love, Mere XXXOOO
    • 2627 posts
    February 14, 2005 1:05 AM GMT
    Hi Mere!!
    It went very well. But I cheated. She's crossgender. The hardest part was for her to believe I'm not gay. That she would have understood, she is. But she thinks me & Karen are 2 different people. She'll get it in time. It was a small step but I feel good. I wish I could give you some advice. But I realy can't. I have a hundred things going thru my head that in the end wouldn't help. I do know I want you to be happy. Good luck Mere.

KarenXXXOOO
    • 2627 posts
    February 14, 2005 1:57 AM GMT
    My bottles full. UMM Well was.
    • 2463 posts
    February 14, 2005 1:44 PM GMT
    Now that it's out it's going to take a long while for her to understand and/or accept it, if she even does that. My problems around here aren't so much being TG as it is other issues. She wants me to leave for a while. I don't want to, and we certainly can't afford it. I'm glad it went well for you. Take care. Mere XXXOOO
  • February 14, 2005 10:55 PM GMT
    Hi Mere,

First of all a ... Sisterly hug!!

Sorry to hear about your current situation. A Mom of a special girl (here on TW), reminded me that I had been dealing with these feelings for years, whereas my wife was just now trying to deal. She also reminded me about being sensitive to her feelings. The news she received forced her to re-evaluate not only our relationship, but her own sexuality as well.

The other girls here have brought out some points of view that , in my case, pointed to a go slow approach. One of the girls here was quite blunt, but her questions really challenged me to think through what I was actually trying to accomplish. Her advise boiled down to - In visualizing my new life, what would that new life to look like? What role would my wife play in this new life? Is she willing to take on that role? As "Michelle" , I did not have clear answers to those questions. Hence, the go slow approach makes some sense for me.

Mere - I know from your previous posts that you love your wife and want things to work out. Whatever happens, we'll be pulling for you!!

Hugs from a supportive sister,

Michelle Lynn

• February 15, 2005 12:42 AM GMT
    Hi Mere
    Im sorry that I keep repeating this but Im not sure if people know who I am. Im an SO (mum).
    I can only begin to imagine the extent of the pain girls go through before they get to the stage when they can no longer hide their true self from the people they love. And along with that the fear of losing them.
    But I truely beleive that given the time to understand and adjust, most family members will continue to love and protect the person who has just opened their hearts and soul to them.
    I am thinking of you Mere, and all the other girls in the same situation.
    But maybe together we can ease each others pain.
    Lots of love to you and your family
    Dorothy xx

Butterflies begin from having been another.( from a song by Eva Cassidy)