anyone for a tranny-thon?

• 2068 posts
    March 1, 2005 10:34 AM GMT
    A while back now i mentioned the possibility of having a tranny fund raiser...a tranny-thon if you like.With all that's happened since,like the BIG probs with paypal...and losing all the money from those memberships,do you think it would be an idea to have one? I have already been on to katie to see what she thinks abou t it.Maybe we could have one day where we went without something or did something sponsored where all the money raised could go to TW.But what do YOU all think? surely if we all put our heads together we can come up with a few ideas.like i said to katie,i personally have gained so much since i upgraded my membership that i would be only too happy to try and do something in return. I couldn't imagine life without TW..can you??..Love and xx to you ALL Anna-marie
  • March 1, 2005 12:14 PM GMT
    It's an interesting idea Maria.

One of the problems I can see is that getting sponsored for doing anything Tranny related requires a large number of people to know you're a tranny, unless we're all going to sponsor each other which is fine but it might just be easier to give the money straight to Katie.

Also when people ask which "charity" it's for how many of us more "closeted" than you will be willing to say it's for a Transgender related web site? I'm guessing not that many.

Is there a problem with Trannyweb raising money like this as I understand it's a limited company rather than a charitable organisation, best ask Katie.

Sorry all of that sound like I'm squashing your idea, which I'm not 'cos your heart is in the right place, just throwing in some curved balls. Will think about it some more.

Cerys x

• March 1, 2005 1:23 PM GMT
    Tiina

I was once involved in trying to squeeze money out of the EU social fund for a film production project. The paperwork nearly killed me and in the end we weren't successful. But I'm guessing that this is an area where your special skills may be able to help. I'd be happy to throw my experience behind such a project but I'm not sure how we'd fit into their criteria. The final answer on this one may lie with Katie as she would no doubt end up doing all the donkey work, bless her.

Ultimately there's no substitute for converting casual browsers into paying members, and that's the hardest task.

Cerys xx
  • March 1, 2005 5:01 PM GMT
    Hi Abi

Yes it is a good idea, so good that Katie has been working on it for a while in fact! The idea being to produce a calendar that can be printed and then sold to members. The trouble she's having is that so few girls have pics good enough for printing. Most Digicam pics look great on the computer screen but aren't sufficiently high quality to go through the print process.

As for an on-line calendar, not sure people would pay to view it, when great pics (like your own, creep creep) are available for free.

Keep banging the rocks together girls.

Cerys x
    • 2068 posts
    March 2, 2005 9:53 AM GMT
    You're not squashing my ideas at all cerys.The reason why i posted what i did was to see what response i got(good or bad).If we can come up with some ideas for raising much-needed funds for katie and TW then it'll all have been worth it!love anna-marie xxxx
    • 1652 posts
    March 2, 2005 3:25 PM GMT
    give up smoking, become a tranny instead...
    the EU, in their madness, would probably agree to funding for such a campaign.
    xx
  • March 2, 2005 3:50 PM GMT
    ... And there I was drving through Time Square when suddenly I looked up and ...

... Well one day maybe.

Cerys xx
    • 1652 posts
    March 3, 2005 1:28 AM GMT
    in that case tiina i really think you should go for it. can't hurt to try, and the more people that are made aware of us the better.
    besides, smoking is a filthy habit.
    xx