Celebrity FFS!

• 1652 posts
    March 16, 2005 11:37 PM GMT
    http://www.virtualffs.co.[...]ery.htm
    This site deals with a serious issue, which is not to be taken lightly, but this particular page I thought was a bit of fun and kind of cool. See how a few celebrities would benefit (or not) from FFS (facial feminisation surgery).
    Anyone considering FFS (like me) of course should do plenty of research and check out before and after pics of people having undergone actual surgery for a more realistic view, and to help decide which surgeon is best for you.
    But if you thought Keanu Reeves couldn’t possibly look any better…
    xx
    • 1652 posts
    March 17, 2005 1:30 AM GMT
    thanks gloria, but before anyone else says that, i just took some photos with no make up and hair tied back, fringe and all, suffice to say i won't be posting them here. very scary, a lot of room for improvement. i don't want to go mad, but i have an idea of what really needs doing.
    anyone else considering ffs?
    • 2127 posts
    March 17, 2005 1:14 PM GMT
    Wow, that's really interesting. I have always thought that no matter how much you try to feminise your body, if you have a masculine looking face, you'll always just look like a man in a dress.

This is something that people often don't think about - the fact that women have faces that are very different from men's, even though those differences are subtle.

I've already been researching this area for my forthcoming book (yes, I'm still writing it two years on).

I wish I had enough guts to have FFS and that I could afford it too. However, it would not suit my current lifestyle right now.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 588 posts
    March 17, 2005 10:09 PM GMT
    Feels nice knowing that I'm not alone here, thinking about FFS (not that I thought I were, but ) I actually thought about this earlier today, while visiting my therapist. I mentioned SRS to him, but for some reason I only thought about FFS and did not dare speak about it. And on my way home it occured to me that I had not seen any thread on this subject here on Tweb. So, thanks Lucy !
    Still being in an early stage,and feeling unsure about everything, I'm exploring all options - hoping that the "money problem" can be solved if the time should come. Thank God for the web !

Linda
    • 1652 posts
    March 19, 2005 2:38 PM GMT
    Did anyone else think Leonardo Di Caprio didn't look much different? Especially before the new hairdo and a touch of make up. I guess he always was a big girl's blouse.
    I'm thinking of having similar procedures to those shown on the Johnny Depp pic. I do think it would make a great difference.
    • 588 posts
    March 19, 2005 4:23 PM GMT
    I agree. And I think he could have benefited from a completely different hairdo, too. Which goes for all three of them. But then that could downplay the importance of the facial contours quite a bit, I guess.
    The pictures of Johnny Depp seems to be the most revealing- shows how much the softening of the contours of the jaw and chin could mean. (However, I read somewhere that this could require some kind of facelift at the same time - because of lost tissue.)

Linda
    • 1652 posts
    March 19, 2005 11:05 PM GMT
    That’s right Linda, the average person on the street can’t tell you why a face looks masculine, but subconsciously they recognise the signs, the jaw-line and chin often perhaps being the most obvious.
    It’s true that in some cases some sort of lift will be required for what has effectively become excess skin, but not always.
    xx