Wanna be on British TV - ITV2

• 2127 posts
    March 18, 2005 3:01 PM GMT
    Hi Girls,

This thread was originally posted in March. However, the producers of the programme have just come back to me again appealing for more tranny couples, so I've bumped it back up the list.

This morning I had an approach from a the makers of a new series for ITV2 called Unlikely Lovers.

They are looking for tranny couples who would be interested in appearing in the programme.

I wrote back saying that we would not be able to help unless they could give us an assurance that any of our members who appear will be treated with respect and will not be ridiculed.

They wrote back as follows:

I can totally assure you that from our stand-point we are not out to embarrass, ridicule or just be down-right disrespectful to ANY of our programme contributors.

This approach is both wholly un-professional and utterly shameful. We want to show to our audience the various relationships which don’t necessarily conform to the “norm”, showing the circumstances and life-stories attached to each.

We have no “spin-agenda” attached to any of our contributors, or their individual circumstances. We want to record and present the stories of those individuals who wish for us to do so in the exact manner in-which they’ve been presented to our production team.

We don’t want to factitiously create ANY stories. Rather we only want to pursue those individuals who’s relationship stories are strong enough on their own, without any third-part “sexing up” involvement.

There's more information on the programme below and details about how to get involved at the bottom of this post.

Unlikely Lovers
    One person in every ten married people are hitched to someone with more than a ten year age gap, according to a recent survey.

One person in twenty is with a partner who is more than five stones heavier than them and almost one in five is with a partner considered to be from a very different background to theirs, according to the study, conducted for a TV company researching the issue of Unlikely Love for a new show.

The experts say the internet is largely responsible for bringing more and more people together from hugely diverse backgrounds, as it’s an anonymous meeting place where people whose paths would never normally cross are brought together on dating sites and in chat rooms.

“It all makes for a richly diverse couples landscape like we’ve never seen before in Britain” says Angela Smith, Executive Producer of The Unlikely Lovers, which her company, Turn On Television is making for ITV2. “Our plan is to tap into the best stories we can find of couples who defy convention and prove that love really can work when the odds are stacked against it. We’re looking for couples who defy convention in every sense of the word – from grannies who are happily shacked up with their toy boys, through to fitness freaks in love with couch potatoes, and millionaires who married their cleaners. If it’s a love story and seems like it’s defied the odds – then we’re interested in hearing about it”

If you feel your story fits the bill, or you know of a couple who do, then please contact Klare Gaulton who's a Senior Researcher at Turn On Television.

You can contact her at: [email protected]

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x