March 20 first day of Spring

• 338 posts
    March 20, 2005 12:23 PM GMT
    i think i may have seen a tulip swim to safety, the great outdoors.. hell as long as it stay outdoors i can live with it

me thinkie spring has sprug, still a least winters over.. tis the rainy season!

having said that. i love the pic makes me feel at home.
    • 588 posts
    March 20, 2005 1:57 PM GMT
    Already makes me feel more springy !

Linda
    • 2627 posts
    March 20, 2005 12:16 PM GMT
    Good Morning!!
    Yes it's grey & rainy. But it's still spring. I've seen tulips breaking ground. So it will soon be warm.

My thoughts are of outdoors. Green grass & flowers.
    • 1652 posts
    March 20, 2005 12:29 PM GMT
    Well, it's certainly spring here in the Lake District, and it's absolutely gorgeous today. Was yesterday too.
    If it's nice tomorrow that'll be three days in a row!.
    xx
  • March 20, 2005 1:24 PM GMT
    Oh no three hot days in a row, that'll be summer over and done with .. shall we slide straight back into autumn?

More on the science behind the vernal equinox here ..

http://www.infoplease.com[...]g1.html

.. but all quite meaningless to people in the southern hemisphere as I understand.

Was certainly quite balmy out in Manchester last night, which of course meant crowds .. thousands of people out in the village and a distinct whiff of summer fashion about the place, bring it on!

Cerys x
    • 2463 posts
    March 20, 2005 2:03 PM GMT
    Happy first day of Spring!

I'm almost feeling better, and with spring comes that feeling of renewal.

Oh my God, did I just say something that corny? I must be feeling better.

Mere
    Keeper of the Gita
    • 2627 posts
    March 20, 2005 3:07 PM GMT
    Mere i gotta ask what is Gita
  • March 20, 2005 5:18 PM GMT
    OK Girls,
    The first day of spring means-----

TIme to change out the old wardrobe for something bright and new!
    If only my budget would permit.

Hugz,
    Michelle
    • 2463 posts
    March 20, 2005 5:49 PM GMT
    Tiina, is that a picture of you as a little girl?

"The Bhagavad Gita," or, "Gita" for short, means "Song of the Lord." It is the center part of the "Mahabharata," an epic Indian poem. The "Gita" are the words of Sri Krishna to Arjuna. It is one of the most beautiful works of spirituality ever, and, if you should ever read it, you'll see that the concepts are exactly the same as those of Jesus, but from an earlier time.

I am probably the world's only Buddhist/Hindu/Catholic. Made it to Palm Sunday mass today, and will stop by the Hindu temple tomorrow. I know, that's awfully strange for an Anarchist.