What do you think?

• 2127 posts
    April 2, 2005 11:16 AM BST
    What do you think of our new navigation system with drop-down menus?

The old rows of buttons were difficult to read for many, and there was no room to add more items without starting a fourth line, so they had to go.

The colors of the new menus are in keeping with the rest of the site - yellow and navy - urrrgghh!

Don't worry though - it's only temporary. We are currently working on a complete site redesign which will mean a new color scheme and that will include the menus.

Do you like the new navigation system?

Have we missed any menu items out?

If you think there's a problem with the menus fitting your screen, please tell us what your screen size is and your screen resolution.

How can we improve these new menus further?

Thanks for your input as always.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 456 posts
    April 2, 2005 1:34 PM BST
    New menus are much better except for the colours hon however, an opening page with some sort of explanation of what each of the main menu options offers might be useful in the rebuild. Scrolling across the menu items reveals them but often people want to know where things are and what they do.
    • 2627 posts
    April 2, 2005 2:37 PM BST
    I like it. Only took a min to find out where what is. Like Gloria said it doesn't take half a page now.
    • 1652 posts
    April 2, 2005 2:44 PM BST
    i think it's great katie, doesn't take long to work out where everything is. even for a bimbo like me.
    xx
    • 2463 posts
    April 2, 2005 2:50 PM BST
    I do like it. Now this might just be my computer here, but sometimes when I'm in the forums the scroll down menus don't want to work. I have to sometimes go into a forum posting for it to operate. Again, that might be on my end here and not a software flaw.
  • April 2, 2005 2:58 PM BST
    I have to agree, I like the new navigation menus. I don't think you have missed any items. If anything it is easier to find deeper parts of the site more quickly now.

I use the zooming feature of Mozilla Firefox to increase the size of the TW pages. This works great except now the main menus get zoomed into one continuous line of unreadable text sometimes, hehe. But thats fine, it only happens when you zoom in too much and is fine if viewed 'normally'.

A great addition to the site, keep up the good work Katie.

Hugs,

Katherine
    • 2627 posts
    April 2, 2005 3:17 PM BST
    I noticed the samething Mere. Also a miner thing in the blogs but I found ways around them. But I wouldn't worry about it Katie. When the facelift is done spend time on it then. This is a big improvement.
    • 1980 posts
    April 2, 2005 5:37 PM BST
    You're the BWAGEH, Katie!

Hugs, Joni
    • 1980 posts
    April 2, 2005 5:39 PM BST
    You're the BWAGEH, Katie!

Hugs, Joni
  • April 2, 2005 6:35 PM BST
    The menu Idea is great! However, on my system (Mac osx 10.3.8)
    and with either MS Internet explorer or the Safari browser, the
    following happens:

Menu's paint above the Google AD (as normal).

Soon as you try to use a menu item, the menu shifts to behind the ad and to the bottom of the Ad's border, rendering it un-viewable.

If you hit the refresh button on either browser, then it returns to normal.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
  • April 2, 2005 7:39 PM BST
    Hi All,
    Just an update....menu's now work fine on Safari (apple browser), but the
    Microsoft IE browser for mac still hides the menus.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn

• 374 posts
    April 3, 2005 10:24 AM BST
    Looks great Katie...nice work...as usual

Hugs,

Monika
    • 83 posts
    April 3, 2005 1:54 PM BST
    first impression was
    OMG whats happened to it. Its all gone frekey.
    However it didnt take long to circum navigate it all.
    So yer not bad once you get use to where everything is.
    It seems to load faster to. Which is a bonus.
    • 2627 posts
    April 3, 2005 2:16 PM BST
    I found a couple areas I didn't evan know were here.
    • 10 posts
    April 4, 2005 2:22 PM BST
    Hi Katie

Love the new menu's as I did find the old ones a bit difficult to read, just 2 minor itsey-bitsey points though, the 'right-click' doesn't allow me to open a new window (I normally have 4 or 5 open), and they seem to disapear completly if I try and use the "Firefox" browser, otherwise they're brill.

• 2127 posts
    April 4, 2005 11:39 PM BST
    Thanks for your feedback girls. The problem with typing "e", "r" or "t" has now been fixed.

Good thinking Gloria - I've now added that page to the Misc menu.

Yes Nancy, I know what you mean. I'll need to talk to Eric, our programmer, to get that fixed as it's actually down to a bug in the software.

And sorry Lucy, as it's a java menu bar it acts differently to normal links. However, you can simply hold down the CTRL key and hit N and that will open a new window for you.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2068 posts
    April 5, 2005 10:33 AM BST
    i have to say katie that they are MUCH better than the old ones.even i can find everything now...well done,it's bril! love anna-marie xxx