Trannyweb Transfandango Table

• 2127 posts
    April 14, 2005 5:44 PM BST

A date has been set for Richard O'Brien's Transfandango Charity Ball this year. It'll be on the 10th September.

Last year's event was attended by Kylie Minouge, Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters), Mark Owen, Mel Smith, Richard O'Brien and a host of other celebs.

I've been kicking myself for not going.

This year, how about we get a Trannyweb table together?

Tables are for a maximum 8 or 10 people. Would you like to come and be on our Trannyweb table?

The venue is the Mecici Ballroom at the Renaissance Hotel in Manchester and the theme is is Masquerade - Think Venice.

All proceeds go to The Wallness Children's Charity Five Stars Scanner Appeal for Manchester Children's Hospital.

A "special rates deal" at the Renaissance Hotel will be announced soon and other accommodation from as little as £60 per night is within walking distance.

You can see more on Transfandango at:

http://www.transfandango.co.uk

Please let me know if you want to be on our special Trannyweb Table - first come, first served!

Hugs,

Katie x

• 2127 posts
    April 15, 2005 7:44 PM BST
    Some news just in...

Transfandango 2005 has been cancelled!!! No reason given.

That's a real pity because I was really looking forward to this year's event (even though I may have been sitting alone on a table for eight).

It's possible that the 2006 Transfandango ball will be held early in the year. I'll post more details as soon as I get them.

Hugs,

Katie x
    PS Please excuse the spelling of cancelled below. It wasn't me!

• April 17, 2005 10:33 PM BST
    Hi Katie
    I dont think for one moment that you would have been sitting alone at that table, if the invite was open to everyone, I would have considered going.

Dorothy x