Don't ask, don't tell

• 2463 posts
    April 25, 2005 3:01 AM BST
    As I wrote in a blog, we've reached an agreement here, thanks in big part to her therapist who helped her to see that my being TG will never go away. As long as we resolve some other issues she can deal with Meredith. However, that will entail not talking about it around the house. That seems unfair to me, yet for this tiny bit of acceptance I'm willing to deal with it. I still can't have phone calls from TG friends, or at least when she is at home, but the fact remains that she sees this is a part of me. To me this is a major step forward.
    • 2627 posts
    April 25, 2005 4:56 AM BST
    Mere That is a major step. Now you can rebuild your relationship.
    Slowly I know. But I also know how much you said you love your wife. Anything worth while is worth taking time to do.
    • 2068 posts
    April 25, 2005 10:27 AM BST
    that IS good news mere...hope this is the first of many steps forward! love anna-marie xxx
    • 1980 posts
    April 26, 2005 1:49 AM BST
    Hi Meredith-

Her acceptance of who you are is a very positive step in my opinion. At least it opens the door however marginally. Personally I know quite a few girls who have worked out similar compromises with their SO's. Partial happiness is better than no happiness at all. I truly wish you the best of luck in working this through.

Lots of hugs.

-Joni
    • 1 posts
    May 7, 2005 3:44 PM BST
    Your lucky! When my ex found out about me she through me out. Didn't want to talk about it or anything, just asked me to leave which I did. Then she outed me to everyone, family, friends! It actually was the best thing that could happen. Now I am out to everyone and they accept me for who I am. I don't waste time hiding Kristy from new friends as well and although I'm bi I've been lucky enough to find a GG girlfriend who is very supportive. I'm having fun now and have gotten over that portion of my life in the closet. Last month my sister and I went to a drag show in Baltimore together with me dressed! The last 5 years of my 20 year marrige were very depressing and tring to hide my true self was wearing me down. Good luck to all!
    Kristy
    • 1980 posts
    May 7, 2005 4:25 PM BST
    Hi Kristy-

Welcome to the group and thank you for such a positive first post. A very dear friend of mine, another t-girl, is going through exactly the same thing. She came out to her wife who absolutely closed herself off to any information about TG issues. They are going through a divorce right now, but my friend, despite all the woes and hassles, is much happier.

Best of luck to you. Glad things have worked out.

Hugs, Joni