Interesting Quote/Thought

• 1980 posts
    May 5, 2005 3:50 PM BST
    Hi all, I was reading in bed a couple of days ago and ran across this quote, which I thought was so apt in so many ways, especially for us t-girls, "I'm not a human being, I'm a human becoming."

I really liked it as it seems to express so much about learning who we are and our journeys through life. Just wanted to share it with my sisters here on TW. And for purposes of attribution it was apparently said in class by a student of Michael Strumpf's who's a co-author of The Grammar Bible. Okay, I admit it, I was an English major, I read weird crap.<lol> It was in the chapter on verbals and present participles, if anyone's interested.<lol>

Hugs, Joni
    • 1198 posts
    May 5, 2005 4:01 PM BST
    Way Hey Joni sis, what a "Quote" and quite thought provoking too, as to applying to T-girls it is pretty apt. If you look at it whether Transitioning or exploring your feminity, we are all humans becoming.......hugz Julie xx
    • 588 posts
    May 5, 2005 9:46 PM BST
    Yes, Joni, human becoming... human. sure have felt like that.

Linda

Reminds of a quote I found a month or so ago:
    "We are still a species in transition."
    (The Mind In The Cave, David Lewis-Williams)
    • 2463 posts
    May 6, 2005 4:25 AM BST
    I like that quote. But what were you wearing in bed there, little lady?
    • 1980 posts
    May 6, 2005 3:31 PM BST
    Well, since you asked, at the time it was panties and a t-shirt but usually it's au naturel. And you?<g>

Hugs, Joni

• 2463 posts
    May 6, 2005 5:24 PM BST
    Oh, dear, getting a little steamy in here.....

Same thing! Except the au naturel part. I don't want to traumatize my kid
    • 1980 posts
    May 7, 2005 4:21 PM BST
    Hi Ziggy-

Watzup? I used to like PJ when he wrote and edited for National Lampoon, then he became a right-wing young fogie and he sort of dopplered out of my visual range.

Hugs, Joni