RANT, posting pics without asking

• May 9, 2005 9:27 AM BST
    OK RANT TIME

Could I please ask that when someone politely requests that you do not post their picture in a gallery that you respect that wish. I was told by those who snapping away merrily on saturday night that the pictures would not appear.

I do realise that this will make me come across as some f*ckwit who is over "precious" about their image but it was a simple, polite request from someone who was not happy about how they looked.

Cerys
    (Seriously miffed with those concerned!!)
  • May 9, 2005 9:44 AM BST
    "f*c*wit over 'precious' about image" not at all Cerys, it's simple curtosy to respect peoples wishes and downright ignorant to ignore them.

By posting a picture you have politely requested isn't they have shown contempt for your feelings and have had no thought for anyone but themselves.

I'm on your side in this matter hun

Alex
    xxxx
  • May 9, 2005 2:21 PM BST
    Hi Kendra pet, not your fault. Whoever took the pics had borrowed your camera, I see now how it happened. No harm done. Matter closed.

Cerys xxx
    • 456 posts
    May 9, 2005 4:13 PM BST
    I have to agree with you Cerys. If you don't want to have pictures shown your wishes should be respected. Thankfully the problem seems to have been solved. Usually if I want to show pictures I get permission from those who are on them - that applies to all pictures on my site and any I have posted elsewhere. I hope others take note that problems could be caused and gain permmission before posting
    • 2127 posts
    May 9, 2005 4:43 PM BST
    As usual, I think this is my fault. Sounds like a communications breakdown. The pics I took of Cerys were not for publication and I did know that at the time.

The camera I used was borrowed and I thought the owner was going to email the pictures. Therefore, there was no need to tell anyone that Cery's pics were not for public consumption, as I already knew that and had no intention of posting hers or anyone else's without making sure it was okay.

Had I thought that the pics would be put straight into a gallery I'd have raised the question of asking first and would also have conveyed the fact that the Cerys pics could not be used.

Apologies to Cerys and all concerned.

Hugs,

Katie
    PS Still recovering from an almighty hangover!
  • May 9, 2005 5:56 PM BST
    Group Hug .....!!

Cerys xxxx
    ("water under the bridge" is my middle name)
  • May 10, 2005 6:11 PM BST
    And finally ...

The point in this case was that I didn't want to be photographed in the first place and only agreed to it on the understanding that it was a private record and not for publishing or posting. I know that doesn't constitute a formal contract but this "understanding" got lost through nobody's fault, just a problem of communication.

Can we drop this one now? I really wish I hadn't said anything; and if the mods of this forum could just delete the whole damn thread I'd be more than happy.

This irrelevancy has had enough column inches already and I don't want it to colour the memory of what was an nice evening for anyone involved.

Lots of love (seriously)

Cerys x