Making a big step

• 2627 posts
    May 9, 2005 5:16 PM BST
    It is a big step. One I want to take. Someday soon.
    • 2463 posts
    May 9, 2005 2:29 PM BST
    The one thing I always envy about you UK girls is that you can get together like you do. Until recently I didn't know anyone. That all changed when I became friends with Helen Boyd (did I ever mention she wrote a book called "My Husband Betty"). Helen, the sweetheart that she is, put my in touch with a local CD named Alicia. I'm going to be meeting her for coffee this week. Alicia will be reading my manuscript to give me comments, but we're also planning on going over to Transformations for a bit of shopping.

I've never done anything like that before. While I will be mostly drab, I'm finally getting the chance to venture out. My wife does know I'm meeting her for the purpose of showing her my book, so there are no lies or deception there. Me and Alicia are also discussing the possibility of attending the TG convention in the area next month.

This is a major step for me.
    • 2463 posts
    May 10, 2005 2:15 PM BST
    These days I could use a pick-me-up like meeting someone for coffee and possible shopping, although I have no money to spend. It could help fill some of these empty days of mine.